Java Sockets on OsX

Post by Hauk » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 10:42:04

I have a problem creating socket connections in Java from an OsX (10.1)
client to a Windows NT Server (both running JDK 1.3). Upon creating the
socket ('new Socket(IPString, port)'), an exception is thrown:
   java.net.SocketException: Reply from SOCKS server has bad version 72

Connecting from an NT client to an OsX server works fine, so does
running both parts on NT. Is this a bug in the JVM implementation on
10.1 ? Does anyone have similar experiences ?

-Hauke

Java Sockets on OsX

Post by Eric Alber » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 13:19:13

> I have a problem creating socket connections in Java from an OsX (10.1)
> client to a Windows NT Server (both running JDK 1.3). Upon creating the
> socket ('new Socket(IPString, port)'), an exception is thrown:
>    java.net.SocketException: Reply from SOCKS server has bad version 72

> Connecting from an NT client to an OsX server works fine, so does
> running both parts on NT. Is this a bug in the JVM implementation on
> 10.1 ? Does anyone have similar experiences ?

I haven't heard of any bugs like that, but that's not to say that
there's no bug there. I'd suggest posting the question to Apple's
java-dev mailing list, which you can find out about at
<http://www.lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/java-dev>.

-Eric

--

http://www.stanford.edu/~ejalbert/

1. Java on OSX awfully slow

Hello,
I checked the performance of some of my old OS 9 Java Applications on OS
X. You won't believe me but they run up to 50 TIMES SLOWER.
I use CodeWarrior 7.0 on OS 10.1.3 and recompiled the code for OS X.
Is there any way to improve performance or is OS X really THAT slow?
Michael

2. Print button on web pages

3. help wanted: Socket-based chat server (java) hangs after a while

4. FS: Amiga 4000/40 system

5. Sockets, TCP-IP, Java and RealTime: Oh my, I need help.

6. Proposed 511 Service

7. Windows and Java Sockets

8. enhancement request: dynamic smb.conf parameters

9. SAS/Connect and Java - Socket write error

10. java.net.Socket, etc not Garbage Collected.

11. Java Sockets or CORBA Alternative???

12. Socket Rocket failures when installed socket down?

13. using p4 socket 423 on socket 478 mother board?