another Network Programming question

Post by zhang » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:53:20

Hi;

I am new to the Palm programming. When I run the "Hello World Program" on
POSE (From Book "Palm OS Web Application"), I got the error message " Error,
No response from server". Does any setting on the POSE that cause this
problem?

Don

another Network Programming question

Post by Ben Combe » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:14:16

Quote:> Hi;

> I am new to the Palm programming. When I run the "Hello World Program" on
> POSE (From Book "Palm OS Web Application"), I got the error message " Error,
> No response from server". Does any setting on the POSE that cause this
> problem?

First, make sure you're using POSE 3.4.  Somewhere in the late releases
of POSE, maybe around 3.0a8 or 3.1, the author added a check that set
the correct proxy IP address at POSE startup.

Second, make sure the "Redirect TCP/IP" setting is turned on.

Third, try some PQAs before your app.  This will verify that you have a
connection to the proxy server.

Finally, check the hello world program -- make sure the URL its trying
to access actually exists.  I think my computer at unwiredwidgets.com is
still responding, but that app might be using a different address that
isn't there anymore.
--

CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead

1. Network Programming question for cookies

Hi:

I am learning to use cookies with URLFetch by following the example code on
book "PALM OS WEB application" on page 421. I have the following questions:

1. As soon as I enabled the "#define ENABLE_COOKIES" line in inetinterface.c
file, and compiled and run the code on POSE, I got the error message"
URLFetch (unknown version) called SysFatalAlert with the message:
"INetLib.c, Line:1060, err in INetLibSettingSet". I use the CodeWarrior V8.0
as the IDE. What does that err message mean?
2. On page 421 for the "cookie-test.pl" file, I modified partially on the
line as -domain=> '.192.140.0.1.com'); in which the 192.140.0.1 is my WEB
site address by using Microsoft PWS. Is this a correct way to do?
3. I put this cookie-test.pl into the directory:
C:/Inetput/wwwroot/cookie-test.pl, and make it re-writeable. Is it correct?
4. This is a slightly different question from the above, around page
282-302, it talked about using the enhanced %LOCATION INFO IN PALM OS4.0.
Are there any example codes existed that show how to use the INetLib
function to delivery those location data to the WEB site?

Thank you very much in advance.

Don

2. Error message "-43 The Document was not Found"

3. Question: Parallel programming for a PC network ???

4. GP on OU doesn't work

5. Home network / wireless network router questions.

6. FS: Amiga 2000

7. Network, network, network

8. comp.os.msdos.programmer FAQ part 1/5

9. Unix-socket-faq for network programming