Codewarrior hangs when trying to debug dynamic lib Macho

Codewarrior hangs when trying to debug dynamic lib Macho

Post by marc van olm » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:29:46



hi.

I'm building a dynamic lib with codewarrior on MacOS X targeting
MachO. I setup my own main entrypoint. The application and the dynamic
lib that i just build launch fine and everything works great.

Now i would like to debug this dynamic lib. So I setup the
RuntimeSettings where I choose my application. But When I launch the
de* the Codewarrior cursor is turning but nothing happens for a
long time. I'm using a framework that is located not in the the system
libraries. Maybe that it is. The application that I also build with
CodeWarrior is easy to debug with codewarrior so the codewarrior
de* seems to work fine on my computer. That application is also
using the same framework that is not in the system folder...

is codewarrior 8 solving maybe this problem can I become maybe an beta
tester for this, because I'm doing a lot of lowlevel macho maybe a
good addition to tthe debugging team.

marc

 
 
 

Codewarrior hangs when trying to debug dynamic lib Macho

Post by Josef W. Wanker » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:09:05




Quote:> Now i would like to debug this dynamic lib. So I setup the
> RuntimeSettings where I choose my application. But When I launch the
> de* the Codewarrior cursor is turning but nothing happens for a
> long time.

I don't know if we've fixed that or not.  There have been many
improvements for Pro 8 debugging.  You might try dragging the dylib onto
the IDE so that its symbolics are explicitly opened and give it another
shot.

 
 
 

Codewarrior hangs when trying to debug dynamic lib Macho

Post by MW Ro » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:25:47




Quote:>hi.

>I'm building a dynamic lib with codewarrior on MacOS X targeting
>MachO. I setup my own main entrypoint. The application and the dynamic
>lib that i just build launch fine and everything works great.

>Now i would like to debug this dynamic lib. So I setup the
>RuntimeSettings where I choose my application. But When I launch the
>de* the Codewarrior cursor is turning but nothing happens for a
>long time. I'm using a framework that is located not in the the system
>libraries. Maybe that it is.

That could be it, it has to search the Hard drive for these files and if
it is in the last place to look it takes some time.

Quote:>is codewarrior 8 solving maybe this problem can I become maybe an beta
>tester for this, because I'm doing a lot of lowlevel macho maybe a
>good addition to tthe debugging team.

Send me a note if you want to beta test.  I don't know if there are
still adding new testers but I can send you the information if you are
interested.

Ron

--
       TOP PICK   HandHeld Computing - issue 4.5
   "The best overall development tool for the Palm OS"

 Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior  -  "Software Starts Here"