I'm running ckermit for OS/2 5A(191) on my PC under OS/2 WARP; my
internet provider has HP9000's and is running ckermit 5A(190). I
connect to my provider via com2 and a Practical Peripherals PM144MTII.
For some reason that I have not been able to determine, my kermit file
transfer rate has dropped from near 1600 cps to 1300 cps. I've noticed
that I am frequently using sliding windows; when my kermit file
transfer was working well, I rarely used more than one window.
When using sz and rz (the p programs on OS/2) the file transfer rate
still remains near 1600 cps. I've tried just about everything I can
think of, packet size, control prefixes, window size, buffer size, but
I can't resolve the problem. The only changes I've made recently were
to upgrade to WARP and to ckermit OS/2 5A(191) (from 190).
If anyone has any insight into this problem, I'd be very grateful.