OS/2 Ckermit, Ctrl-C and command-line arguments

Post by Adam H. Lewenbe » Thu, 22 Dec 1994 13:57:27

>It seems that with the new version of OS/2 CKermit (190), almost anytime I
>type Ctrl-C the entire program terminates. I don't think I ever had
>this happen in the old version. For example, if I start CKermit from
>the Presentation Manager and type Ctrl-C at the CKermit prompt, the
>program promptly exits. Is this _supposed_ to happen?

I am fairly sure this happens because now I start ckermit with a
command line argument, namely "-y modem.ini" which loads a different
initialization file than the default. (Previously I used no command
line arguments.) I can understand that a Ctrl-C should terminate
kermit when it is started as a server, but to arbitrarily terminate
just because one uses a command-line argument seems overly rigid.

--
University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, Dept. Of Mathematics

Post by Jeffrey Altm » Thu, 22 Dec 1994 16:15:37

>I am fairly sure this happens because now I start ckermit with a
>command line argument, namely "-y modem.ini" which loads a different
>initialization file than the default. (Previously I used no command
>line arguments.) I can understand that a Ctrl-C should terminate
>kermit when it is started as a server, but to arbitrarily terminate
>just because one uses a command-line argument seems overly rigid.

>--

Adam:

I just tried this.  I copied my ckermod.ini file to a new name and then
started ckermit with a -y parameter listing the new ini file.

Then typed ^C repeatedly.  Nothing happened.

the only place in the code where there is a problem handling ^C is
in the dial command.  If the dial command is interrupted with a ^C
from that point forward there can be problems.  (I'm working on it.)

Would you mind contacting me directly about this so that we can get
to the bottom of it quickly?  Net-news is so slow.

Send me a copy of your modem.ini file so that I can try to replicate
the problem.

Jeffrey Altman * PO Box 220415 * Great Neck, NY * 11022-0415 * (516) 466-5495
"C-Kermit: available on more platforms than any other communications software."
"Kermit FTP: sending files whenever and wherever they are needed."
*NEW* OS/2 version 5A(190): ftp kermit.columbia.edu /kermit/archives/ckoker.zip

1. Ckermit OS/2 (190) and Ctrl-C

It seems that with the new version of OS/2 CKermit (190), almost anytime I
type Ctrl-C the entire program terminates. I don't think I ever had
this happen in the old version. For example, if I start CKermit from
the Presentation Manager and type Ctrl-C at the CKermit prompt, the
program promptly exits. Is this _supposed_ to happen?

P.S. To confuse matters, at the same time I switched to version 190 I
also replaced OS/2 2.11 with OS/2 Warp.
--
University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana, Dept. Of Mathematics

2. FunkTracker Gold V1.0 Released!

3. Command-line arguments (printing) of PDF-files on a Windows-PC

4. If it's not DNS - why does it dial?

5. Command-line arguments in FORTRAN and MPICH

6. msnews.microsoft.com Pitifully Slow Again

7. Command-line arguments

8. send a command in command line arguments

9. How to pass arguments to Java from the command-line?

10. Command-line arguments

11. Coalescing command-line and command-line-window?

12. Ctrl-C Seen Where No Ctrl-C Entered