Announcing G-Kermit 1.00

Post by Frank da Cr » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00

G-Kermit 1.00 is released.  The web page is:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/gkermit.html

For those who missed the Beta test, G-Kermit is small, fast, and
portable Kermit protocol implementation for UNIX released under
the GPL.

Prebuilt binaries are available for over 40 hardware/OS/version
combinations:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/gkermit.html#down

If you can send in binaries that are not listed, please let me
know.  After allowing a few days for more binaries to come in,
we'll make a wider announcement.

- Frank

Announcing G-Kermit 1.00

Post by David S Car » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>G-Kermit 1.00 is released.  The web page is:

>  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/gkermit.html

>For those who missed the Beta test, G-Kermit is small, fast, and
>portable Kermit protocol implementation for UNIX released under
>the GPL.

Sounds good.  I had to read down to section 14. Design and Implementation
Notes before I found out WHY there was a G-Kermit (I somehow overlooked
the beta test announcements).  It sounds like years (if not decades) of
experience in what works and what doesn't, and what's necessary and what
isn't have gone into selected the necessary features.

David S. Cargo

1. half-duplex G-Kermit?

Hi-

   Does anyone know if G-Kermit (or a variant) supports half-duplex connections?  We're looking for a protocol to use over a multi-drop RS-485.  If G-Kermit can run half-duplex, we think we can hack out a master/slave addressing scheme to wrap around it.

   TIA,

    - PDM

2. Joining a Dell Latitude to an SBS domain

3. Announcing: MPEG 1/SYSTEMS Multiplexer 1.00 Beta available

4. mis-routed mail.

5. ANNOUNCE: Xpdf 1.00 - a PDF viewer for X

6. How to read ACAD2000-dwg with R14?

7. Announce: PCW emulator 1.00

8. Express Learning of languages - Language Bridge

9. Announce: Release of DBD::ODBC 1.00!

10. ANNOUNCE: Embeddable Kermit File Transfer Protocol

11. Announce: C-Kermit 7.0

12. Announcing C-Kermit 7.0

13. ANNOUNCE: Embedded Kermit File-Transfer Protocol