Problems With File Transfer And Scripting

Problems With File Transfer And Scripting

Post by Frank da Cr » Thu, 06 Dec 2001 01:29:50

This one goes back to October, sorry...  Very busy here!

: I need to connect to approximately 360 voice mail servers (running
: UNIX System V/386 Release 3.0 80486) and transfer one small file (500
: bytes) from each machine back to an AIX box for processing.  I am
: using an external NEC 9635 E modem to dial each of these servers.  The
: modem type I am using is "generic-high-speed".
:
: The versions of C-Kermit being used are as follows:
:
: C-Kermit 7.0.196, 1 Jan 2000, for IBM AIX 4.3
: C-Kermit, 4C(058) 19 Mar 86, Unisys PulsePoint Communications
:
: I am running into a few problems trying to get this to work.
:
: 1) While trying to transfer a file, I am getting timeout errors (e.g.
: Last Error: Timeout 13 sec) on some boxes.  This occurs even when I
: attempt to manually login and transfer the files (with Kermit of
: course).
:
The logs you sent show that C-Kermit is sending even parity.  Is this
appropriate in the failing cases?

The packet log shows that the remote Kermit (the unknown PulsePoint one)
doesn't like I-packets.  If you upgrade your C-Kermit version 7.0 to
C-Kermit 8.0, you can tell it to:

  set send i-packets off

But in any case, your packet log shows that the remote (PulsePoint) Kermit
doesn't receive even one packet it understands, so my guess is that even
parity is not appropriate in this case.

- Frank

1. Problems With File Transfer And Scripting

I need to connect to approximately 360 voice mail servers (running
UNIX System V/386 Release 3.0 80486) and transfer one small file (500
bytes) from each machine back to an AIX box for processing.  I am
using an external NEC 9635 E modem to dial each of these servers.  The
modem type I am using is "generic-high-speed".

The versions of C-Kermit being used are as follows:

C-Kermit 7.0.196, 1 Jan 2000, for IBM AIX 4.3
C-Kermit, 4C(058) 19 Mar 86, Unisys PulsePoint Communications

I am running into a few problems trying to get this to work.

1) While trying to transfer a file, I am getting timeout errors (e.g.
Last Error: Timeout 13 sec) on some boxes.  This occurs even when I
attempt to manually login and transfer the files (with Kermit of
course).

2) On other boxes, this happens:
 kermit -s SLBHCAXF.4AD

?Read file not open
(Then the script exits)

I can manually login (using Kermit) and issue the same command and the
file will transfer okay.

3) Finally, how do I force \ffiles to work on the remote system.  I
need to be able to read the file names on the remote system but,
\ffiles is reading the file names on the local machine.

Thanks for your assistance.

P.S.  This is my first Kermit project.  I have purchased "Using
C-Kermit" to get me started.

2. etags update

3. Help needed on writing scripts to transfer files by FTP

4. Clearing in use on log files

5. file transfer recovery script

6. Changing Login window?

7. Script for transferring file using C-Kermit

8. XSLT expressions for W3c Schema

9. Archived File Transfers: Transfers FAIL

10. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

11. "vim -s script file" from bash script

12. script to download a file. Script to

13. ftpLib Problem with ASCII file transfer