RadWorks and Windows 2000

Post by Ken Sutherlan » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:35:17

I work for a small software company in Japan. I'm not sure where to seek
customer support.

I am trying to install RadWorks 5.0 on Windows 2000. After the application
starts up, it hangs while trying to display to local studies. We have been
able to run it on NT 4.0.

Poking around the log files, I see messages like:

Quote:>Could not open connection with database service

and

Quote:>SOFTWARE\AMI\Database\5.0\Security: could not open key (for writing): Add

as well as some ODBC errors (in Japanese).

I am logged on as an Adminstrator, so I don't understand why it couldn't
open a key in the Registry.

I have IE5.0 installed.

It seems that it is an ODBC problem. There are some settings in the Control
Panel, like "System DSN" and "File DSN", perhaps I need to add something
here.

Anyway, if anyone out there is able to run RadWorks on Window 2000, I would
like to hear about it!

Thanks!

------------------
Ken Sutherland

http://www.j-mac.co.jp/
http://www.voicenet.co.jp/~ken

RadWorks and Windows 2000

Post by scamericanDrea » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I work for a small software company in Japan. I'm not sure where to seek
> customer support.

for starters, who are you the customer of?

RadWorks and Windows 2000

Post by Ken Sutherlan » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:22:45

Quote:> for starters, who are you the customer of?

As I said, we are a developer, not a normal customer. That's why I posted
this question to this group. Do you ever have anything positive to say in
this group?

Anyway, I got it working. If anyone is still interested, the trick was to
grant full control permissions to the registry tree HKLM\Software\AMI to the
group RS_SERVICE.

I also had to add four system data source names (DSN) to ODBC,
"ArchiveIndex", "ConnectionDatabase", "DatabaseIndex", and "HistoryIndex".

Apparently version 5.1 will support Windows 2000 better.

Regards,

RadWorks and Windows 2000

Post by G. Hartman » Tue, 24 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

Where can i get a demo version of radworks2000 ?

thx.

> > for starters, who are you the customer of?

> As I said, we are a developer, not a normal customer. That's why I posted
> this question to this group. Do you ever have anything positive to say in
> this group?

> Anyway, I got it working. If anyone is still interested, the trick was to
> grant full control permissions to the registry tree HKLM\Software\AMI to
the
> group RS_SERVICE.

> I also had to add four system data source names (DSN) to ODBC,
> "ArchiveIndex", "ConnectionDatabase", "DatabaseIndex", and "HistoryIndex".

> Apparently version 5.1 will support Windows 2000 better.

> Regards,

1. Running Windows 2000, Office 2000 and Project 2000.

Running Windows 2000, Office 2000 and Project 2000.

When using the Open Office Document feature (from the start menu or the
Office shortcut bar) Project 2000 files don't show up.  The files types
defined for Office Files doesn't seem to include the MPP extension.

How can what files extensions are displayed for Office Files be
modified?  This will help with other apps outside of Office.

Thanks.

2. Looking for a program that transforms Mthematica to Matlab expressions!!!

3. Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 98 Networking Problems on laptop

4. Urgent- PC Problems - Please Help

5. Nikon scanner ls-2000 windows 2000 adaptec scsi aspi aspi32 installation

6. Forth inner interpreter for 56001

7. LS-2000 not found in new Windows 2000 install

8. Cercasi progettista

9. Prolink Winscan Pro-2000 compatible with Windows 2000 ?

11. Project 2000 and Windows 2000

12. installing ms project 2000 on windows 2000 SP2 terminal server

13. Installing Project 2000 on Windows 2000 Terminal Server