Information about medical standards

Post by schil » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello together,

i'm an assistants of the University of Applied Sciences Trier (Germany).
For a seminar our students I search basic and new informations about
medical informatic standards (like dikom, hl7 ...) in german or english
language. Please send the informations or the links to websites directly
to me or the newsgroups.

Thanks and best wishes from Trier

                    Clemens Schilz

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin Mitarbeiter der Fachhochschule Trier. Fr ein Seminar unserer
Studenten suche ich grundlegende Informationen ber Standards in der
medizinischen Informatik (wie Dicom und hl7 ...) in deutscher oder
englischer Sprache. Bitte senden Sie die Informationen oder die Links zu
Webseiten zu direkt mir oder den Newsgroups

Vielen Dank und die sch?nsten Gr?e aus Trier

                   Clemens Schilz

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Information about medical standards

Post by Matt Hughe » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Try http://www.mcis.duke.edu/standards/guide.htm
Quote:>Hello together,

Post by Wolf Seelenta » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Hello together,

> i'm an assistant of the University of Applied Sciences Trier (Germany).
> For a seminar our students I search basic and new informations about
> medical informatic standards (like dikom, hl7 ...) in german or english
> language. Please send the informations or the links to websites directly
> to me or the newsgroups.

> Thanks and best wishes from Trier

>                     Clemens Schilz

Dear Clemens,

some basic principles of DICOM RT (DICOM modules for radiotherapy) are
described on
        http://www.sgsmp.ch/bull983b.htm
This page is based on a leaflet, prepared by the DICOM RT Working Group
for the AAPM meeting in August 1998 - so other people not able to attend
this meeting might be interested as well.

Best regards  -  Wolf

*********************************
Wolf W. Seelentag PhD, Klinik fuer Radio-Onkologie
Kantonsspital, CH-9007 St.Gallen, Switzerland
Tel : +41-71-4942233          Fax : +41-71-4942893

**********************************

1. Medical image compression standards

I am somewhat new to the world of video conferencing related to medical
imaging.  Can anyone tell me what the minimum requirements are for medically
related images which are transmitted from one computer to another using ISDN,
or POTS phone lines?

I had heard that if compression is used, such as JPEG or MPEG, that certain
standards must be met.  I suspect that this standard specifies the % of loss,
lines of resolution, or pixels of resolution, etc.

Are there standardized images that a developer can use to test/verify that his
equipment, and compression method meets the required standard?

Please Email me with info or locations where I can find this info.

2. problems with .eps graphics and pdflatex

3. Are there some standard medical images for compression testing ?

4. TSPI_lineSetStatusMessages problem....

5. Information about Medical Image Compression

6. Hmmm - Could it be more wrong ???

7. Help with Hazeltine Esprit I/Esprit PICTerm CBG (Medical Information Technology, Inc.)

8. Playing Media Clips InPlace

9. Help! Terms of Medicine and Medical Information

10. What courses are necessary for intersectional domain of IT and Medical Information?

11. Philips Medical Systems Information

12. HELP! The searching of information for medical users

13. WANTED: Medical image format information