SR and Document Content Macro Attributes

SR and Document Content Macro Attributes

Post by Joel Feldm » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 06:27:30

Hello,

I am trying to build a comprehensive structured report and I have some
confusion with the Document Content Macro Attribute table.

On PS 3.3-2003 page 694 Table C.17.3-5, the last item on that page says
to include 'Code Sequence Macro' Table 8.8-1 and the Defined Context IDs to
convey the Purpose of Reference are:

99 "Purpose of Reference"
178 "Spatial Extent of Finding"

Where do the Defined Context IDs 99 and 178 exist?
I searched PS 3.16-2003, but couldn't find any reference.

Do I have to use either 99 or 178 or can I use other Context Ids?

Thank you for your help,

Joel Feldman

SR and Document Content Macro Attributes

Post by Harry Solomo » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:21:48

Hello, Joel -

In fact, these Context Groups do not exist (they were in an early draft of
Supplement 23, and the references were not removed).

CP335 (in the most recent correction packet 20) removes these references.
You can use any term for Purpose of Reference (e.g., see CID 7201 and 7202).

- Harry Solomon
GE Medical Systems

Quote:> Hello,

> I am trying to build a comprehensive structured report and I have some
> confusion with the Document Content Macro Attribute table.

> On PS 3.3-2003 page 694 Table C.17.3-5, the last item on that page says
> to include 'Code Sequence Macro' Table 8.8-1 and the Defined Context IDs to
> convey the Purpose of Reference are:

> 99 "Purpose of Reference"
> 178 "Spatial Extent of Finding"

> Where do the Defined Context IDs 99 and 178 exist?
> I searched PS 3.16-2003, but couldn't find any reference.

> Do I have to use either 99 or 178 or can I use other Context Ids?

> Thank you for your help,

> Joel Feldman

1. v8.2 macro question - passing the contents of a data step variabl e to a macro

Listers:

In v8.2, is it possible to invoke a macro within a data step and pass to the
macro the contents of a data step variable defined within that datastep?
Note that the following silliness is for illustration only, the real macro
has some meat that requires it to be a macro.

e.g.
%global other;
%macro dumb_macro(stuff);
    %let other = %scan(&stuff,1,'/');
%mend;

data harry;
   input 'c:\test.txt';
   input var1 var2 var3;
   %dumb_macro(var1);  /* passes the literial 'var1' rather than contents of
var1 */
   var4 = "&other";
run;

Adding call symput( ) doesn't help since the symput'ed variable isn't
available until the data step completes.

Am I destined to do something like the following:

data harry;
   retain x 0;
   infile 'c:\blah.txt' end=eof;
   input var1 var2 var3;
   call symput('var'||trim(left(x)),var1);
   if eof then call symput('limit',x);
run;

%macro loop;
%local x;
data second;
 %do x = 1 %to &limit;
     %dumb_macro(&&var&x);
      var4 = "&other";
      output;
   %end;
run;
%mend loop;
%loop;

then merge datasets 'harry' and 'second'.

TIA

2. Running a TSR prior to login

3. v8.2 macro question - passing the contents of a data step var iable to a macro

4. Adderson-Wesley IIGS Books on Ebay

5. Excel Macro's to seprate single document into Two documents

6. Atari vs Macitosh

7. DOCUMENTUM one content, multiple set of attributes

8. Connection Manager Administration Kit

9. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

10. tgetstr/tputs - Text attributes not behaving as documented in termcap

11. Urgent Multiple Openings ---- Sr SQL Architect / Sr SQL DBA / Sr QA --- NYC -- 6+ Months -- NEED LOCALS

12. Sr. Test, Sr. TestCAD and Sr. Product Engineers for Fortune 500 Co. in AZ & CA