Need syntax for saving the output file in Windows SPSS

Need syntax for saving the output file in Windows SPSS

Post by Yuui » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 03:50:42

Does someone know the syntax for saving the active ".spo" file SPSS
generates (when doing a plot for example)?

And is it possible to close this active ".spo" file with some syntax instead
of the menus?

Thanks

Post by Raynald Levesqu » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:33:41

>Does someone know the syntax for saving the active ".spo" file SPSS
>generates (when doing a plot for example)?

>And is it possible to close this active ".spo" file with some syntax instead
>of the menus?

>Thanks

You need a script to do this. The script may be called from syntax BUT
it will only run once the syntax has finished (EVEN if you place the
call to the script in the middle of the syntax file.)

See the file "Save Current Outpur Windows - Called From syntax.SBS" in
the "Output Format" section of this page
http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/SampleScripts.htm

HTH

Visit My SPSS Pages: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/

1. Saving Syntax Files Issue: SPSS 9

To all,

There is a user who is having problems with Syntax files not saving
across a Novell network. She swears that she is  pressing the save
button prior to closing a file and yet when the file is closed and
reopened some changes are missing. Strangely it is only syntax files and
not data or output and she is not getting the "Do you want to save
changes" dialog when closing. My questions are:

1. Has anybody else experienced a similar problem?

2. SPSS logs a lot of stuff, is there a log file that indicates when a
file was saved and where? The *.jnl only logs syntax commands, and the
*.log file only appears to log saves of data files (both are in the
Windows\Temp).

Thanks

--
Tim Robinson                        Phone: 204-989-8953
Western Opinion Research Inc.       Fax:   204-947-2410
#806 - 213 Notre Dame Avenue        http://www.worinc.com

2. problem with dns on RH7.2

3. export output file (.spo) from Spss ver. 10.0 to Spss ver 8.0

4. Tektronics terminal emulation?

5. Problem copying text from output window into syntax window

6. MSN 8 and MSN Messenger: Problem

7. opneing spss output files as text files

8. Empty interrupts

9. syntax to save output

10. Excel: can add-ins be saved within an Excel file?

11. Output viewer problem in SPSS 8.0; SPSS 8.0/9.0 comparioson

12. Printing from output window in SPSS 8.0

13. QNX V4 Windows Print Window - How to get graphic file output???