SPSS 10.0.5 (latest release) versus SPSS 9.0.1

SPSS 10.0.5 (latest release) versus SPSS 9.0.1

Post by mmshu.. » Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:00:00

  Dear all,
I am trying to determine whether I should renew my recently-expired
licence code for SPSS 9.0.1 for another year, or whether I should
upgrade to SPSS 10.0.5 - What I kindly want to know, for your
experiences, whether there are any substantial problems/bugs with SPSS
10.0.5?  Please advise at your earliest convenience since I have to make
a decision soon!
Thank you,
- Mamdouh Shubair
PhD grad student
University of Waterloo

SPSS 10.0.5 (latest release) versus SPSS 9.0.1

Post by Russ Sande » Sat, 22 Apr 2000 04:00:00

10.0.5 is full of bugs.

I tried it for about 2 hours and wiped it off my machine and put 9 back on.

Russ

1. SPSS 10 versus SyStat 10?

Can anyone offer some critical insight into the comparative pros and cons of
SPSS V10 versus SyStat V10 under Windows?

I'd appreciate any comments regarding usability, statistical methods,
graphics, import/export functionality, handling of larger datasets and any
other relevant issues to consider.  If you had to pick one versus the other,
what key issues would lead you into a specific choice?

Pricing at least for base SPSS ($999) and SyStat ($1,299) is a bit
different, but if one needs to add just one additional module to base SPSS,
the price difference goes away.

I have downloaded the demo versions of both for eval, but would appreciate
the comments of any seasoned veterans.

Thanks in advance.
--
Marc Schwartz
To Reply Remove "NOSPAM" in E-Mail Address

2. test

3. Scripting problems SPSS 9 to SPSS 10

4. Super I/O & NS/I

5. Latest SPSS 10 patch?

6. HTTPSendRequest failed (err 28037) / C#.NET and SDE Beta #1 in PPC2002 Emulator

7. SPSS release 8 to 10

8. WANTED: PP programmer

9. export output file (.spo) from Spss ver. 10.0 to Spss ver 8.0

10. SAS to SPSS; variable labels (SAS V8.2, SPSS V10.1, WIN98)

11. Time-use Research with SPSS / Sequence-analysis with SPSS

12. SPSS-How can I do in SPSS to display labels in a table with frecuency = 0

13. SAS to SPSS; variable labels (SAS V8.2, SPSS V10.1, WIN98)