Factor Analysis Question

Post by pohl.. » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am running factor analysis and want to retain and use the factor scores.
SPSS has three possible methods for obtaining the factor scores:
Regression, Bartlett's or Anderson.  Which is the best to use?  Is one more
commonly used?  If I understand correctly, with the regression method the
scores may be correlated.  With Anderson, the scores will be orthogonal and
uncorrelated. I'm not sure about Bartlett....and I can't find any
information on these different methods in my stat books.  Thanks for any
help!

   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-
 Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

1. Factor Analysis Questions

Hi All,
I'm testing out a new leadership questionnaire that I developed based on
interviews and focus groups. There are 9 factors with 8-9 items per
factor. My questions relate to interpretation of the factor analysis.
I'm trying to determine the best number of factors through exploratory
factor analysis. Here are my questions:

1.  Do you only retain the items that load on a single factor?  If an
items loads on two factors does it have to go?
2.  Should all the items that are valid load on a single factor. All the
items are measuring some part of leadership, but the factors should be
unique.

Thanks,
Mark

2. UserControl properties

3. Please ignore/excuse exploratory factor analysis question

4. fork() in MiNT

5. Factor analysis question

6. Status bar info from mouse move

7. Factor Analysis Question

8. TCP channels

9. Factor analysis question

10. factor analysis question

11. factor analysis: calculate factor scores?

12. Calculating factor scores for new dataset after factor analysis

13. Three questions about factor analysis (scree, Bartlett, cumulative over 1.0)