Export large table

Post by MB » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:30:15

When I export very large table, SPSS (v10) is freezing. I have the
same problem when I try to copy the table (Ctrl C).

Also, with the table command, when I ask for a large table, I have the
following message.

"Insufficient memory to process the TABLES command"

Any hint?

TIA

Mike Benigeri

Export large table

Post by Tia » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 00:09:44

Quote:> When I export very large table, SPSS (v10) is freezing. I have the
> same problem when I try to copy the table (Ctrl C).

> Also, with the table command, when I ask for a large table, I have the
> following message.

> "Insufficient memory to process the TABLES command"

> Any hint?

Hi, have a look at the SET command.

set mxmemory = 500000
set mxcells = 500000

SET [WORKSPACE={512**}] [MXMEMORY= {14000**}] ]MXCELLS={AUTOMATIC**} ]
{ n } { n } {n }

Memory Management. Dynamically allocate memory using the WORKSPACE and MXMEMORY
subcommands when some procedures complain of memory shortage. Increase maximum
cell
numbers for a pivot table using the MXCELLS subcommand.

Export large table

Post by MB » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:37:27

>> When I export very large table, SPSS (v10) is freezing. I have the
>> same problem when I try to copy the table (Ctrl C).

>> Also, with the table command, when I ask for a large table, I have the
>> following message.

>> "Insufficient memory to process the TABLES command"

>> Any hint?

>Hi, have a look at the SET command.

>set mxmemory = 500000
>set mxcells = 500000

>SET [WORKSPACE={512**}] [MXMEMORY= {14000**}] ]MXCELLS={AUTOMATIC**} ]
>{ n } { n } {n }

>Memory Management. Dynamically allocate memory using the WORKSPACE and MXMEMORY
>subcommands when some procedures complain of memory shortage. Increase maximum
>cell
>numbers for a pivot table using the MXCELLS subcommand.

Thanks, with the mmemory and mxcells commands, I don't have the
message anymore (Insufficient memory). But the processor never stop
running (it says "running TABLES" in the processor area) and I am not
able to have the result in the output windows.

Export large table

Post by Raynald Levesqu » Tue, 22 Jul 2003 03:36:02

<snip>

Quote:

>Thanks, with the mmemory and mxcells commands, I don't have the
>message anymore (Insufficient memory). But the processor never stop
>running (it says "running TABLES" in the processor area) and I am not
>able to have the result in the output windows.

Hi

I suspect your table is huge. I would try to construct the table
"manually" instead of usitng the TABLE or CTABLE commands.

By "manually" I mean using combinations of AGGREGATE  and MATCH FILES
commands. For examples, see files # 5 and 6 in
http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/SampleSyntax.htm#ChartsAndTables

Regards

Visit My SPSS Pages: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/index.htm

Export large table

Post by MB » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:00:56

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:36:02 -0400, Raynald Levesque

><snip>

>>Thanks, with the mmemory and mxcells commands, I don't have the
>>message anymore (Insufficient memory). But the processor never stop
>>running (it says "running TABLES" in the processor area) and I am not
>>able to have the result in the output windows.

>Hi

>I suspect your table is huge. I would try to construct the table
>"manually" instead of usitng the TABLE or CTABLE commands.

>By "manually" I mean using combinations of AGGREGATE  and MATCH FILES
>commands. For examples, see files # 5 and 6 in
>http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/SampleSyntax.htm#ChartsAndTables

>Regards

>Visit My SPSS Pages: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/index.htm

Thanks Raynald,

I used the aggregate and report functions and it worked (I found the
syntax in your wonderful website)