bar with error bars

Post by ala » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 05:55:16

I need the grouped bar chart with error bars (standard deviation), Maybe in
syntax? I tried to compile some parts of syntax from normal bar with
errorbar chart but it doesn't work. :-(
Sylwia

bar with error bars

Post by Bruce Weave » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 22:20:38

> I need the grouped bar chart with error bars (standard deviation), Maybe in
> syntax? I tried to compile some parts of syntax from normal bar with
> errorbar chart but it doesn't work. :-(
> Sylwia

You can produce a clustered bar chart with error bars using
Interactive Graphics-->Bar.  If you paste the syntax, it
will look something like this:

IGRAPH /VIEWNAME='Bar Chart' /X1 = VAR(b) TYPE = CATEGORICAL
/Y = VAR(y) TYPE
   = SCALE /STYLE = VAR(a) CLUSTER /COORDINATE = VERTICAL
/TITLE='Two-way'+
  ' ANOVA Example' /X1LENGTH=3.0 /YLENGTH=3.0 /X2LENGTH=3.0
/CHARTLOOK='NONE'
  /CATORDER VAR(a) (ASCENDING VALUES OMITEMPTY) /CATORDER
VAR(b) (ASCENDING
   VALUES OMITEMPTY) /BAR(MEAN) KEY=ON SHAPE = RECTANGLE
BASELINE = AUTO
  /ERRORBAR CI(95.0)  DIRECTION = BOTH CAPWIDTH (45)
CAPSTYLE = T.
EXE.

You will probably have to edit the chart a bit afterwords to
make it look the way you want.

Cheers,
Bruce
--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

1. IGraph Bar Chart Error bars - WMF export

When I export IGraph (spss 11.0.1) bar charts with error bars using WMF file
format, the error bars within the bars do not show. In other formats, the
error bars appear, but of course, rotated text becomes jagged in other
formats. Instead of trying to explain this further, here are two links to
exported files...

WMF version:
http://sp.uconn.edu/~pratt/ERRORBAR0.WMF

JPG version:
http://sp.uconn.edu/~pratt/ERRORJPG0.JPG

How can I fix this? If this is an unresolved bug in SPSS 11.0.1, has anyone
found a solution for creating export graphs from spss that can be used in
word and pass APA formatting guidelines?

NB - the display of the graph in spss itself shows the error bars correctly.

2. help

3. <?>How to make bar charts w/ error bars in QPRO 6.0

4. looking for "missions" for the RIS.

5. Error Bars on Bar Graphs?

6. Oki OL400ex error 71

7. Cannot click on task bar or menu bars!

8. Are atari 8-bits unrepairable?!?

9. Excel: Width of bars in a bar chart

10. Bold text (one bar only) on axis in horizontal bar chart - help required

11. Excel bar chart- each bar running between a pair of dates

12. Excel 5 and bar graphs --- bar thickness

13. Zinc Status Bar and Menu Bar