Books on Multivariate Data Analysis

Post by Olive » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello everybody!

Does anybody know (a) real good book(s) on Multivariate Data Analysis, which
is really up to date (Structural Equatation Modeling, Neural Networks and so
on) and tells me "how to do it the right way"? Most books I know show only a
few aspects, have some mistakes (e.g. testig on H0 with alpha < .05 and so
on). Esp. references to research plans and methods or also research
questions (psychology, biometry, market research) and also to evaluation
(-research) maybe in the "scientist-practitioner context" would be very
interesting.

With Regards,
Oliver

--

'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`''`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
            sci.psychology.research is a moderated newsgroup.

1. Multivariate Data Analysis

Hello everybody,

I need help with the following:

I have a dataset with the positions of fingers on a certain object. We
have the position of a particular point on each finger. For each
finger, we pick the x and y coordinates of that point. Furthermore, we
have 20 subjects and 5 trials per subject. So we have 100 observations
(20*5) and 10 variables ( x and y coordinates of 5 particular points on
each subject's finger).

The objective is to find the number of sensors to put on this
particular object and where to put them in order to maximize the
discrimination between the subjects. In other words, where is the
position of the best discriminating sensor? Where is the postion of the
second best discriminating sensor? etc..., and when to stop adding
sensors? (in other words, when it's not worthwile to add anymore
sensors?)

Any suggestions in how to proceed?

The data looks like:

ID Trial XT YT XI YI XM YM XR YR XP YP

Id: id
Trial: 1 to 5 (each subject holds the object 5 times)
XT: x coordinate of the thumb
YT: y coordinate of the thumb
XI: x coordinate of the index
YI: y coordinate of the index
XM: x coordinate of the middle finger
YM: y  ''              ''        ''
XR: x coordinate of the ring
YR: y "              "
XP: x coordinate of the pinky
YP: y coordiante of the pinky

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. FS:AccelPro 2500TX BNEW!!!:$250.00EA

3. Statistics: Books on categorical data analysis

4. webservice behavior loading very slow

5. AmigaOne vs Pegasos (POP vs Prebox / Abox?)

6. Recommendation wanted: good book on data flow analysis + optimisation

7. Sega CD Emulator

8. New Book on Data Analysis via WWW (in German!!)

9. Statitiscs and multivariate analysis

10. Multivariate analysis tool

11. multivariate probit analysis

12. Multivariate Analysis