How to display empty categories of a variable in bar charts

How to display empty categories of a variable in bar charts

Post by Ul » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:33:08

I am using SPSS 10.0. When I draw a bar chart SPSS doesn't display
empty categories of a variable. For example: if my variable contains
the categories 1 to 5 but the respondents of the questonaire only use
the answers 1, 2 and 3, the SPSS bar chart doesn' contain 4 and 5.
What do I have to do that SPSS includes the empty categories in the
bar chart? Thanks for your help?

Post by Bruce Weave » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:00:10

> I am using SPSS 10.0. When I draw a bar chart SPSS doesn't display
> empty categories of a variable. For example: if my variable contains
> the categories 1 to 5 but the respondents of the questonaire only use
> the answers 1, 2 and 3, the SPSS bar chart doesn' contain 4 and 5.
> What do I have to do that SPSS includes the empty categories in the
> bar chart? Thanks for your help?

Raynald's site has a couple of files on this problem:

http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Syntax/ChartsTables/BlankBarForUnse...
http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Syntax/ChartsTables/BlankBarForUnse...

Cheers,
Bruce
--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

How to display empty categories of a variable in bar charts

Post by Ul » Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:37:33

Dear Bruce, thanks fpor your quick help,

Uli

1. Frequencies: How to include all categories in display of variables, even empty ones

Please help with a probable basic question:

Example:
I have a variable (age of people) with 8 different categories (0-10, 11 -
20, aso), but I have no people aged 11-20.

When I ask frequencies to display them, it will only show the categories
where there is at least one in, meaning > 0.

How can I force frequencies to display all the categories ?

Should I use other tools ?

Thank You in advance

Margit

2. boot problem with win98

3. BAR GRAPH: How to keep empty variables in predetermined order?

4. EMU Proteus 1 (cheap)

5. Empty Dataset or Empty Variable

6. There's any way to disable and enable a device with ASP?

7. Appletalk file corruption : MATK

8. variable width bar charts possible?

9. Excel: Width of bars in a bar chart

10. Bold text (one bar only) on axis in horizontal bar chart - help required

11. Excel bar chart- each bar running between a pair of dates

12. <?>How to make bar charts w/ error bars in QPRO 6.0