The data points in the Scatterplot dissapear...Why?

The data points in the Scatterplot dissapear...Why?

Post by Oliver Cru » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:14:58

I am running both the SPSS 8.0 and SPSS 11.0. I made 24 interactive
scatterplots. They are gathered in 6 groups inside the output file. I close
the file. Save it to a diskette. Take the .spo file and open it in another
computer. And the data points in the last 3 or 4 scatterplots of each one of
the 6 groups dissapear. I thought it was the diskette. But i opened the file
in the original file and the data pints dissapeared too! What may be wrong?
I attached the file.
Thanks SPSS Gurus for helping on this matter..

1. How can I display overlapping data points on a scatterplot?

How can I display overlapping data points on a scatterplot?

   I have a problem displaying my SPSS data. I have got about 250
values in 2 catagories (=sample size), which I want to display in a
single graph (scatterplot?). The vast majority of the values in both
catagories are 0. Only 15% in catagory 1 are elevated (range 0-40) and
20% in catagory 2 (range 0-50).
My problem is that my data points (not elevated)are graphed on top of
each other, and you cannot tell from the scatterplot how many data
points each symbol on the graph represents, not even roughly.

I tried jittering and using the "sunflowers" option in SPSS.

The sunflower option did not help, because the amount of normal values
is too big to be clearly displayed. Jittering did not help neither,
because the SPSS-graph program is jittering only vertically and not
horizontally.

Maybe anybody has an idea how to display my data.
Any idea which graph data exploration program I may use?

Thanks for the help

Daniel Berg

2. Unable to PUBLISH!

3. DATA COMPRESSION for POINT-TO-POINT Data Circuits ??

4. Start Menu Icon

5. Interpolating missing points on an Excel scatterplot

6. Printing text as Landscape ?

7. Excel charts: how to label individual scatterplot points

8. Si Ci Ei

9. Why do the PRO-MSN people dissapear...

10. Dissapearing Data

11. Expand Timesphased data causes actuals to dissapear

12. Compare two data sets and find any row has new data points

13. Casting parts of float data as point data in plpgsql