Catmod equivalent in SPSS

Post by schmi.. » Sun, 05 May 2002 14:50:13

Bob asked a good question. I too have been unable to find an
equivalent of the SAS Proc Catmod in SPSS.  Any ideas?

Catmod equivalent in SPSS

Post by Lawrence Goldberge » Sat, 11 May 2002 22:41:41

SPSS's Multinomial Logit procedure in the Regrssion Module is equivalent
to CATMOD, but there is no equivalent in SPSS for the conditional
multinomial logit run under PHreg is SAS.

> Bob asked a good question. I too have been unable to find an
> equivalent of the SAS Proc Catmod in SPSS.  Any ideas?

Catmod equivalent in SPSS

Post by Bob Wal » Mon, 13 May 2002 23:44:21

Lawrence,

Thanks for your response.  Could you try translating that into English for
me?  I think I bought the Regression Module (but I'm not sure how to verify
that).  I do have a Regression option from the Analyze pulldown menu, but I
don't see any choice that looks like Multinomial Logit.  Does that mean I
don't have the Regression module?

Bob

> SPSS's Multinomial Logit procedure in the Regrssion Module is equivalent
> to CATMOD, but there is no equivalent in SPSS for the conditional
> multinomial logit run under PHreg is SAS.

> > Bob asked a good question. I too have been unable to find an
> > equivalent of the SAS Proc Catmod in SPSS.  Any ideas?

Catmod equivalent in SPSS

Post by cclelan » Tue, 14 May 2002 02:25:22

In article

Quote:> Lawrence,

> Thanks for your response.  Could you try translating that into English for
> me?  I think I bought the Regression Module (but I'm not sure how to verify
> that).  I do have a Regression option from the Analyze pulldown menu, but I
> don't see any choice that looks like Multinomial Logit.  Does that mean I
> don't have the Regression module?

Bob:
  There should be a Multinomial Logistic selection under
Analyze -> Regression (in versions 10.0.7 and 11.0).  If
that does not appear, my guess is you don't have the add-
on installed.  The SPSS website does indicate that this
procedure is part of the Regression Models add-on.  Check
to make sure you have correctly installed the add-on.
Under Analyze -> Regression, you also should see
selections like Ordinal, Probit, and Nonlinear.

Hope this helps,

Chuck Cleland

1. CATMOD equivalent in SPSS

I am not a statistician, which will become immediately obvious.  I have just
loaded SPSS 11 and can see that it is much more user-friendly than SAS which
I have use, fitfully, for many years.  One of the procedures I have relied
on in SAS is CATMOD.  It let me do a GLM like analysis (two-way ANOVA stuff
such as compare main effects and test for interactions) on percentage data.
I don't see an equivalent in SPSS.  Is there one?  If so what is it called?
If not what is the recommended way in SPSS to analyze percentage data that
is grouped by multiple categories, each with multiple levels?

Thanks,  Bob.

2. multiple domain login

3. SAS Equivalent of SPSS Variable Labels

4. HP 7100i: How to perform firmware upgrade?????

5. Equivalent of Standardization using MRSP in SPSS V8.0

6. Images across in image resource and hotspot not working together

7. SAS to SPSS; variable labels (SAS V8.2, SPSS V10.1, WIN98)

8. Spacing inside a table

9. Time-use Research with SPSS / Sequence-analysis with SPSS

10. SPSS-How can I do in SPSS to display labels in a table with frecuency = 0

11. SAS to SPSS; variable labels (SAS V8.2, SPSS V10.1, WIN98)

12. SPSS Client cannot connect to SPSS Server

13. export output file (.spo) from Spss ver. 10.0 to Spss ver 8.0