Equivalent of Standardization using MRSP in SPSS V8.0

Equivalent of Standardization using MRSP in SPSS V8.0

Post by Thiang Won » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have been asked about the above. Basically, there is this software called
MRSP which was developed by Dr. John Bacon-Shone in HKU for social
science/mkt research. As I understand it, a crosstabulation table can be
created and a standardization procedure can be done to 'standardized' the
observed/expected counts for each cell. This would 'distribute' a portion
of the counts to empty cells, if any.

Does this make any sense to anyone? If so, is there anything similar in
SPSS? I have tried getting information from the HKU website plus searching
through search engines but I have yet to get anything substantial.

Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon!

Thiang.

Equivalent of Standardization using MRSP in SPSS V8.0

Post by Thiang Won » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Thanks for the information, David Nichols of SPSS Inc. I will check it out
and see if it works.

Thanks again!

Thiang.

1. SAS to SPSS; variable labels (SAS V8.2, SPSS V10.1, WIN98)

Hi all,

you all know: treading  SAS-datasets into SPSS cuts long variable names
to 8 characters and translates these - if they are not unique - into
shortenings like V24. To see, which original variable was behind this
shortening, I label the SAS-variables in SAS with their original variable
name.

As long as I do the labelling with a datastep and the statement

label <variable>='label';

this works fine and SPSS takes over the labels. When I do it with proc
datasets (which would shorten the
process with large datasets) SPSS will not recognize the labels and sometime
even run into ERROR.

proc datasets;
modify dataset;
label <variable>='label';
run;
quit;

Does anybody know, why this happens and how I can use proc datasets in a way
that SPSS recognizes the labels?

TIA   Albrecht

2. How could I print a Hpgl file on pcl5 laser printer.

3. WTB SCSI card for A5000 ARMLinux

4. Poor performance using interactive SAS through CDE/Xwindows -VMS/V8.2, Solaris/V8.2

5. *FAQ - comp.periphs.printers - cppFAQ.com

6. Poor performance using interactive SAS through CDE/Xwindows - VMS/V8.2, Solaris/V8.2

7. smtp error

8. Catmod equivalent in SPSS

9. SAS Equivalent of SPSS Variable Labels

10. CATMOD equivalent in SPSS

11. SAS TO SPSS, with v8 PROC COPY?

12. Upgrade from spss v8 to v10, is it worth it?