How to do Two-way anova in spss?

Post by Jan » Sun, 08 Jun 2003 06:27:20

I need to do a two-way anova in spss, but I dont know where to do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

How to do Two-way anova in spss?

Post by Bruce Weave » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:13:23

Quote:> I need to do a two-way anova in spss, but I dont know where to do it.

> Any help would be appreciated.

There are several SPSS tutorials on the web.  A google search for SPSS
tutorial should yield several good hits.  Some are listed on my page too:

  http://www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/stats.html

Search for "SPSS tutorials" on that page.

Cheers,
Bruce
--
Bruce Weaver

Homepage:   http://www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

1. QUERY: Two-way ANOVA --- Linear trend within levels of one factor ?

Dear All,

In a two-way ANOVA, cell means model (with interaction), was wondering how one
can test for a linear trend on one factor within separate levels of the second factor ?

Given factor A, 2 levels, and B, 3 levels, the cell means model for a dependent
variable Y can be calculated as follows:

PROC GLM;
CLASS A B;
MODEL Y = A B A*B;
LSMEANS A B A*B;
etc.

In the univariate ANOVA, a linear trend for factor B can be tested as follows:

PROC GLM;
CLASS B;
MODEL Y = B;
CONTRAST "Linear trend" B -1 0 1;

How, if possible, can I test for a linear trend in B within separate levels of factor A,
given the cell means model ?

Some might find the syntax for CONTRAST statements in interaction models a piece
of cake, but I unfortunately do not belong to that "lucky" group....

Yours,

David Carr

University Children's Hospital
Munich

2. DLT Interface Library

3. SUMMARY: Two-way ANOVA - linear trend within levels of one factor ?

4. ACM/DC Scholarships Available for 1992-1993 school yaer

5. Non-parametric, unmatched, Two-way ANOVA model

6. OOD implemented in procedural language?

7. two-way ANOVA

8. Backup Recover

9. Tukey test in two-way ANOVA

10. orthogonal comparisons with ANOVA in SPSS

11. SPSS script for nested anova

12. Help with new mixed models in ANOVA in SPSS 11

13. please help with SPSS 2 Factors Repeated Measures ANOVA output