Macro Required > Nonparametric Tests > Post hoc comparisons for Kruskal Wallis test

Macro Required > Nonparametric Tests > Post hoc comparisons for Kruskal Wallis test

Post by Peter Edward » Mon, 26 May 2003 21:46:49

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has a macro to perform a post hoc analysis (such
as Dunn's Test) for a Kruskal-Wallis Test. Surprisingly SPSS will perform
the KW test, but even in 11.5 does not provide a means of analysing which
pairs of groups differ significantly. I note the SPSS web site suggests
performing a series of Mann Whitney tests, but Dunn's Test (Neave and
Worthington, 1988, Distribution Free Statistics, Unwin Hyman: London)
provides a more acceptable resolution. I note that Minitab provides this
functionality since version 9 or 10.

If anyone has a macro/script to perform these multiple comparisons then it
would be greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully
Peter Edwards
University of Sydney, Australia

1. post hoc comparisons for Kruskall-Wallis nonparametric Tests

Hi there,

I have conducted a sereis of KW analyses on catagorical data and would
like to conduct post hoc tests to determine which groups differ from
each other.   Although I can run a series of Mann-Whitney U tests to
compare each groups with each other I was hoping for a more
parsimonoius method akin to that provided via the oneway Anova method
which allows post hoc comparisons of groups.

Does anyone know of a mthod or is there a macro that could do this?

Also,  is it possible to conduct a Dunn's test within SPSS (or is
there a macro) for examining post hgoc comparisons in nonparametric
data?

Thanks

David Kurzman, PhD

2. Can DataSet update to the DataSource, keep in transaction?

3. post hoc analysis following Kruskal-Wallis Test

4. Verizon network setup

5. How to preform Cuzick's test after a Kruskal-Wallis test?

6. Xterm Security Errata

7. thats their email on the right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

8. SSH (Secure Shell) informal BOF TODAY (Wednesday) 22:00 in VALLEY

9. >>>> Job Opening S/W Testing QA/QC - Recruiter

10. Can the Mann-Whitney U be used following a Kruskal-Wallis test?

11. Kruskal-Wallis Test

12. <<<<<<<NT 4.0 AND Epson ES-600C Scanner>>>>>>>>>>>>