How plots a regression line from SPSS

Post by k » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:25:09

Does anybody can show me to plot a regression line from SPSS

Post by Bruce Weave » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:57:19

> Does anybody can show me to plot a regression line from SPSS

You need to send output to an Output window, not Draft
Output.  Double-click your scatterplot to open the Chart
Editor, then click on Chart-->Options, and check the "Fit
line" box.  The default is to fit a least squares regression
line.  Other options are also available.

Alternatively, you can use the Interactive Graphics
scatterplot and ask for a regression line:

* GRAPHS-->INTERACTIVE-->SCATTERPLOT .

IGRAPH
   /VIEWNAME='Scatterplot'
   /X1 = VAR(x) TYPE = SCALE
   /Y = VAR(y) TYPE = SCALE
   /COORDINATE = VERTICAL
   /FITLINE METHOD = REGRESSION LINEAR INTERVAL(95.0) = MEAN
INDIVIDUAL LINE
        = TOTAL SPIKE=OFF
   /TITLE='Writing Ability' + ' as a Function of Spelling
Competence'
   /X1LENGTH = 3.0 /YLENGTH = 3.0
   /X2LENGTH = 3.0
   /CHARTLOOK = 'Grayscale.clo'
   /SCATTER COINCIDENT = NONE.

Cheers,
Bruce
--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

1. SPSS regression plots

I normally choose the normal probability plot and the studentised residuals
versus standardised predicted values plot.

The plots are fine apart from one thing - they have these really long titles
in large font across the tops.  These titles are integral to the plot, so
when I copy the plot (to paste into Word, for example) the titles come too.
And that's my problem: the titles don't fit properly in the graph picture,
so when I paste I end up missing around half the title (the right hand
side).

Two questions:

1.  How do I suppress the titles?  The plots are produced from the
regression menu and I can't see a "suppress titles" type option in the
dialog box.

2.  If I can't suppress the titles, how do I reduce the font size?  Normally
I title the graph in the external package (I give them a figure number, etc)
above the pasted picture, but in documents that are for my own use I
normally forgo that step and I'm happy to use the SPSS-generated title - if
only it would fit!

Help please  :-)

cheers
Michelle

2. MS Lan Manager NDIS driver problems

3. regression line with bubble plot

4. Anyone care to comment on the pros and cons of DSL vs Cable.

5. plotting a regression line

6. onMouseOver with Images

7. Plotting multiple lines of data on one line in a graph

8. scatter plot + nonlinear regression curve in one graph

9. Partial Regression Plot

10. Repeated measures binary logistc regression in SPSS

11. Bug in SPSS Binary Logistic Regression??

12. SPSS - Logistic regression