quick question

Post by KerryDri » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:32:24

What's the maximum number of variables that an SPSS file can have?  Is it 255?

quick question

Post by Bruce Weave » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:20:56

> What's the maximum number of variables that an SPSS file can have?  Is it 255?

Do a Google search on *SPSS maximum variables*, then click
on the Groups tab.  See thread entitled "maximum number of
variables".

bw
--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

quick question

Post by Rick Olive » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:54:24

Much of the information there is either contradictory or out of date. The
32,000 limit no longer applies. I believe there is a theoretical upper limit
around 2 billion.

> > What's the maximum number of variables that an SPSS file can have?  Is
it 255?

> Do a Google search on *SPSS maximum variables*, then click
> on the Groups tab.  See thread entitled "maximum number of
> variables".

> bw
> --
> Bruce Weaver

> www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

quick question

Post by Arthur J. Kendal » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 01:54:25

I believe the number of variables has been raised from the maximum
integer in a single precision floating variable (32768, i.e., 2**15) to
the maximum integer in a double precision floating variable (2,147,
483,648, i.e., 2**31).

Art

Social Research Consultants
University Park, MD USA