Data file rewind error

Post by @assets.wharton.upenn.edu ( » Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:00:00

interested in porting SAS to SPSS.
using SPSS 6.1.3 for Win95 and SAS 6.10 Win95 and unix SAS 6.12.

finally passed the dreaded LIBRARY HEADER not found in SPSS
when issuing the GET SAS FILE....

my new error is the above "Data file rewind error" ;
how do I tell SPSS to rewind my data file and make believe
it's a tape drive?

any ideas?

i've ported SPSS to various flavors of SAS but I can't bring
SAS into SPSS.  i once talked to SPSS about this and they
talked about engine V5 which I did.  put the SAS files into
transport files, older ones of engine version 5, and even
made sure they were de-compressed so easier to read.
but so far i can't get SPSSWIN 6.1.3 to do anything.

Adam Sundor

--

1. shifting variables results in file write errors and possible data lost

while sorting variables in variable view by shifting complete lines up or down results in a _view_ that seems to be right. any attempt to write the data file fails (io error). after copying the variables to clipboard, creating a new data file and pasting the data you'll get the original
structure (e.g. before sorting).

strange!

the only way to save the data was to save it as *.por

2. Comparison between different Pattern Recognition Algorithms

3. Error trying to save data file from syntax

4. Newbie ?: Search form results drop formatting

5. ERROR: Invalid header on file ZIP.AMAALL.DATA.

6. Impersonation: IIS and SQL on seperate boxs

7. handling errors while reading in data files

8. IBM 8580-A31...anyone use one of these for a firewall?

9. Getting "Error reading OLE data" when opening file

10. data error reading binary file

11. Binary data file IO error

12. XL7: Get External Data, Error in Returned Data

13. SQL Server Error: "Arithmetic overflow error converting numeric to data type numeric"