How to preform Cuzick's test after a Kruskal-Wallis test?

How to preform Cuzick's test after a Kruskal-Wallis test?

Post by Israel Schor » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

,Dear Sirs

I use Spss version 7.00 for Windows in order to test whether there is a
linear trend between 3 different groups.
I use the Noneparametric test command with the K independent tests
subcommand.
As a result i receive the Kruskal-Wallis value but not the Cuzick's value
for linear trend.
Does anybody know how to obtain the Cuzick's test value?
Thank you
Israel Schorr

1. Can the Mann-Whitney U be used following a Kruskal-Wallis test?

I collected data for five neighbourhoods (using five point scale
questions) and have been told that my data should be treated as
non-parametric. A key research question is to determine if the
differences amongst the five neighbourhoods are significant with
respect to the five point scaled questions. Incidently I conducted 575
surveys (with each survey containing 45 closed-ended questions).

Based on the non-parametric structure of the data, I conducted the
Kruskal-Wallis H test (using SPSS 11) to determine if the five
neighbourhoods differed but this test did not clearly tell me which
neighbourhoods differed! Would it be valid for me to conduct a
Mann-Whitney U test amongst the various pairs of neighbourhoods to
determine which differed significantly (seems like a lot of work as
compared to a traditional post-hoc analysis following an ANOVA test?

Anyway can these two tests then be reported as being used?

Thanks and I apologize if this question is too basic for the group but
I am a stressed "qualitative" geography grad student trying to
complete a long thesis period!

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Websites formatted for PPC Screen

3. Kruskal-Wallis Test

4. scitech video driver problem

5. post hoc analysis following Kruskal-Wallis Test

6. Notepad

7. Macro Required > Nonparametric Tests > Post hoc comparisons for Kruskal Wallis test

8. Saudi Arabia (was Re: NPA 905, NAFTA and Mexico Area Codes)

9. SAS code for multiple comparison for KRUSKAL-WALLIS

10. Kruskal-Wallis H adjusted for ties in SPSS?

11. ANOVA and Kruskal-Wallis

12. Kruskal-Wallis One-Way ANOVA

13. INFO WANTED: Opinion of 'Test Now' 9Visual Test add-on) from Software Testing Labs?