Syntax window problem

Post by d.. » Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I have a bit of code that reads the IPEDS 96/97 Faculty Salary data.
The data is contained in three files, so I have three 'data list'
statements with accompanying sort and save commands, and then at the
end match the files.  The problem I am having is with the third
data list statement:

file handle fsdata3
   /name='c:\irfiles\data\ipeds\96-97\fs\sal96_b.dat' / lrecl 415.
data list file=fsdata3
  / UNITID         1 -   6
    B1             8 -  17
    B2            18 -  21
    B3            22 -  31
    .
    .
    .
    IMPB42         407 - 407 (A)
    IMPB43         408 - 408 (A)
    IMPB44         409 - 409 (A)
    IMPB45         410 - 410 (A)
    IMPB46         411 - 411 (A)
    IMPB47         412 - 412 (A)
    IMPB48         413 - 413 (A)
    IMPB49         414 - 414 (A)
    IMPB50         415 - 415 (A).
execute.

When I submit this, it does nothing.  However, if I only submit up
to IMPB46 it works.  If I submit the whole thing with the production
facility it works.  I have tried rewriting the last few lines, but
that doesn't help.  I looked at a hex dump of the file, no strange
characters.  Is this some quirky bug in the syntax editor?  I am
stumped.

Dean

1. Problem copying text from output window into syntax window

I recently had to reinstall SPSS v8.0 because of a hardware problem.
Now when I try to edit text in the output  window, I get the
following message: 'Failed to create object object. Make sure the object
is entered in the system registry'.
   I seem to remeber this happening in the distant past but don't recall
how I fixed the problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
  Also, anyone else having problems getting listserv messages these past
2-3 days?

--

Michael Kruger
Statistical Analyst

2. LONDON - C++/CORBA - 2+ years experience - Career in Finance

3. ASN.1 syntax problem (mib defn problem)

4. Manage NT Server with Win2k pro....

5. Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 98 Networking Problems on laptop

6. EM-AI Apology and Background

7. PHP syntax highlighting and heredoc syntax

8. Accton Ethernet Cards

9. syntax errors with vim 5.7 and xml.vim syntax file!

10. vim: WEB Syntax / Writing syntax files

11. Old Powerscript Syntax comparison with Current Powerscript Syntax ?

12. Unired - Unicode-editor for Windows 95/98/NT/2000, ispell, syntax-highlighting

13. windows syntax file