ANOVA and Kruskal-Wallis

Post by Bob » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 02:07:09

I can't seem to get the ANOVA or the Kruskal-Wallis test to give me a test
statistic when comparing 4 independant variables to eachother.  Could
somebody please let me know how to do that test.  Please E-mail your

ANOVA and Kruskal-Wallis

Post by Art Kendal » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:32:51

It is unclear what you are trying to do.
If you have 4 independent variables, do you mean 4 separate variables or 4
independent (explaining) variables in distinction from dependent (explained)
variables?

What are your variables?
What level of measurement is each one?
What values can each one take?

what questions are you trying to answer

Post by Rich Ulric » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 05:38:09

> I can't seem to get the ANOVA or the Kruskal-Wallis test to give me a test
> statistic when comparing 4 independant variables to eachother.  Could
> somebody please let me know how to do that test.  Please E-mail your

Find a consultant.
When your question comes out this garbled, you
need help in ASKING before anyone makes a
stab at answering.

"Four variables..."  -- not what you test with K-W.
K-W looks at multiple groups on one variable.

Nor what you test with most of the ANOVA procedures.

--

http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html

1. Kruskal-Wallis One-Way ANOVA

"List":

My manuals do not say and I haven't had the time to do the research but
what are the assumptions of the nonparametric Kruskal-Wallis procedure?  I
have 4 groups of one variable that do not meet the equality of variance
assumption needed for One-Way ANOVA.  My groups are independent and from
random samples.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Douglas Anderson
Masters Candidate in Anthropology
Eastern New Mexico University

2. Shareware SNMP browser/tools for PC

3. SAS code for multiple comparison for KRUSKAL-WALLIS

4. WinForms User Controls and Applications over HTML

5. Kruskal-Wallis H adjusted for ties in SPSS?

6. Windows98SE is constanly freezing up while on internet

7. Can the Mann-Whitney U be used following a Kruskal-Wallis test?

8. Pocket PC Ad Campaign!

9. How to preform Cuzick's test after a Kruskal-Wallis test?

10. post hoc analysis following Kruskal-Wallis Test

11. Kruskal-Wallis Test

12. Macro Required > Nonparametric Tests > Post hoc comparisons for Kruskal Wallis test

13. anova without normal curve? posttests for Kruskal Wallis tests?