copy labeled data to Excel

Post by Dean » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:02:30

I need some help. In my data view, if I choose to show value labels I
would like to be able to copy a column and paste into Excel so the
labels show (not the codes).  This used to work in verison 8 but it
does not seem to work in version 10. When I copy the labeled data and
paste into Excel it pastes in the codes.

Does anybody know of a way to do this in version 10. Note that I am
talking about labels in the data view, not the variable view.

Thanks,
Dean

copy labeled data to Excel

Post by Bruce Weave » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:11:21

> I need some help. In my data view, if I choose to show value labels I
> would like to be able to copy a column and paste into Excel so the
> labels show (not the codes).  This used to work in verison 8 but it
> does not seem to work in version 10. When I copy the labeled data and
> paste into Excel it pastes in the codes.

> Does anybody know of a way to do this in version 10. Note that I am
> talking about labels in the data view, not the variable view.

> Thanks,
> Dean

Raynald Levesque's website has script for doing a reverse
autorecode.  That is, it will recode a numeric variable into
a string variable which has values equal to the value labels
of the numeric variable.  Copying and pasting the recoded
string variable ought to do the trick.

http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Scripts/Labels/ReverseAutorecode.txt

Cheers,
Bruce
--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

copy labeled data to Excel

Post by Wil » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:36:51

Just make sure your value labels are turned on the cut and paste.

WMB

> > I need some help. In my data view, if I choose to show value labels I
> > would like to be able to copy a column and paste into Excel so the
> > labels show (not the codes).  This used to work in verison 8 but it
> > does not seem to work in version 10. When I copy the labeled data and
> > paste into Excel it pastes in the codes.

> > Does anybody know of a way to do this in version 10. Note that I am
> > talking about labels in the data view, not the variable view.

> > Thanks,
> > Dean

> Raynald Levesque's website has script for doing a reverse
> autorecode.  That is, it will recode a numeric variable into
> a string variable which has values equal to the value labels
> of the numeric variable.  Copying and pasting the recoded
> string variable ought to do the trick.

> http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Scripts/Labels/ReverseAutorecode.txt

> Cheers,
> Bruce

1. labeling data in scatter plot with Excel

Anyone know how to label the data points of a scatter plot in Excel? I
hvae 3 columns of data:

name x y

I can easily create a X-Y scatter plot of the (x,y) data, but now I
want to be able to annotate each point with the values in the first
column. Seems to me that this should be easy, but I can't figure out
how to do it. I went to "Chart Options" and selected "Use Data
Labels", but this just labels the points with the X values. If I
create a plot with all three columns, I get two data series instead of
one.

Thanks for any help.
--
Tim Williams                                   COM: (703) 704-1685
Night Vision & Electronic Sensors Directorate  DSN: 654-1685

2. Panasonic CR-563 can't read green disks!?

3. Help please Excel 5 and data labels

4. CP/M emulator forUNIX, Dream Machine

5. Excel Macro problem: getting data label from chart

6. Crystal Report question

7. MS Excel: how to label data markers on X-Y charts

8. anyone from Utah get picked? n/t

9. "Data Labels" in Excel 5

10. Bubble charts or Data Labels in Excel 4

11. Copy excel data with Headers automatically

12. Copy Excel Data

13. Copy data down when using grouping in Excel