spss 11 for mac osx

Post by Gene Herzber » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:11:58

Is there any information on when spss 11 for mac osx will be released.
The spss website says 4th quarter 2002.

Gene

1. SPSS 11 much slower than 10 (Mac)?

I have been using SPSS v10 on a Mac with a data set with 500 cases and
3500 variables.  Most operations are virtually instantanoeus. I
recently got version 11 for OSX. SPSS runs MUCH slower than version
10.  For example, if I go to the Analyze menu, go down to Scale, and
select Reliability Analysis, in SPSS v10 I can select a variable from
the left pane and it immediately highlights it. When I click the arrow
to move it to the right pane, it goes there without delay.  In version
11, clicking the variable in the left pane results in a delay before
it highlights it, and clicking the arrow to move it results in another
delay.

These delays are just a few seconds, but it really is hard to work
with the program. It's like trying to type with the characters showing
up on your monitor a few seconds later. If you click the arrow to move
an item from the right pane back to the left, again it is instaneous
in version 10, but REALLY slow in 11. It takes a full 10 seconds in
version 11, long enough to get the spinning beachball.

I can't find any settings in the preferences that could account for
this, and all my other software seems to work fine. The Mac is an 867
single processor (this model has the L3 cache), 512 mb of RAM, and no
other programs running.  Anyone have any suggestions on why this is
happening?  I keep thinking that surely software this expensive could
not have been released with performance this poor, and there must be
something that I just don't know about that would bring version 11's
speed up to that of version 10.

Thanks,

David

2. File transfer over DOS IPX Novell networks

3. SPSS 11.0 Mac crashes when asked to drawgraphs

4. Report to TXT problem.

5. SPSS 11 keying in data

6. dual screens with ustn V5

7. SPSS 11 for windows does not start

8. Job Parameter in CL Program

9. Help with new mixed models in ANOVA in SPSS 11

10. Defect in SPSS 11

11. SPSS 11 and Multilvel Models

12. SPSS version 11.0.1 - assumed bug using INCLUDE FILE command

13. Is there some special install procedure added on SPSS 11?