Regression line problem in IGRAPH Scatterplot

Regression line problem in IGRAPH Scatterplot

Post by Bruce Weave » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 04:53:42

Hi group,
        I have data admission tools data and various GPAs for
classes from 1991 to 1999, and I have used the following
syntax to produce a scatterplot for each year with X = an
admission tool, and Y = one of the GPAs.

IGRAPH
  /VIEWNAME='Scatterplot'
  /X1 = VAR(x) TYPE = SCALE
  /Y = VAR(y1) TYPE = SCALE
  /PANEL =  VAR(cyoat)
  /COORDINATE = VERTICAL
  /FITLINE METHOD = REGRESSION LINEAR LINE = TOTAL SPIKE=OFF
  /X1LENGTH=3.0
  /YLENGTH=3.0
  /X2LENGTH=3.0
  /CHARTLOOK='NONE'
  /SCATTER COINCIDENT = NONE.

This produces a 3x3 grid of scatterplots, one scatterplot
for each year.  It also plots a regression line on each one,
and has two lines of text giving the regression equation and
the R-squared value.  As far as I can tell, I cannot plot
the line without the 2 lines of text.  And the problem is
that the two lines of text are situated on top of the cloud
of points, just below the regression line, and are very
difficult to read.  I know how to move them around (or
delete them) manually, but this soon becomes very tedious,
given the number of charts.

I was hoping that I could make the changes on one chart,
then save a ChartLook to apply when making subsequent
charts.  But the changes I want to make are not among the
properties that can be controlled with a ChartLook, apparently.

So, the question is:  Does anyone have any ideas about how
to automatically remove (or move) the two lines of text
giving the regression equation and R-squared values?  Does
anyone have a script, for example?

Cheers,
Bruce
--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

1. Regression Line on Scatterplot

I have data set that I want to scatterplot and have SPSS draw a regression
line and confidence intervals. It appears that interactive graph would do
that but when I enter the x and y variables nothing happens. I can get the
scatterplot using scatterplot but I need the regression line and confidence
intervals plotted as well.

I have SPSS 9.0.

Appreciate any help.

Rich

2. VGA XMode in-a-window

3. SPSS IGRAPH HELP: how to change space between igraph panels??

4. a wide range of medical equipment at CHEAP price

5. How to scatterplot & line?

6. LogonUser and Clear text password

7. Any Excel add-ins that do Logit regressions?

8. How to overlay regression line on graph using only part of data

9. Comparing regression line slopes

10. plotting a regression line

11. regression line in GPLOT?

12. regression line with bubble plot