Syntax 'reporting' question

Post by Carson Bir » Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:48:54

Hi all;

My question is about the reporting feature.  When I use syntax to make
a specific report, it ends up wrapping the result onto multiple
different lines.  This doesn't look good, nor will it export properly.
 I have tried using the format [nowrap], etc, but nothing seems to
work correctly.  Any ideas?

Any help will be muchly appreciated.
Thanks,
Carson.

Syntax 'reporting' question

Post by Rich Ulric » Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:43:01

Quote:> Hi all;

> My question is about the reporting feature.  When I use syntax to make
> a specific report, it ends up wrapping the result onto multiple
> different lines.  This doesn't look good, nor will it export properly.

Please, show us the syntax?

--

http://www.pitt.edu/~wpilib/index.html

Syntax 'reporting' question

Post by Carson Bir » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:14:53

> Please, show us the syntax?

Hello,

I'm managed to figure out a 'fix' by using set width=X.
The page was too small which caused the wrapping.

Thanks anyway Rich.

1. SAS to SPSS 10.1 (or 'string' to 'numeric' from syntax)

Hi there,

At the moment I'm using a third party program to convert between different
file formats (SAS -> SPSS mostly), but I can't get any labels or other
variable information converted, just the variable name and the data itself.
Is this possible through SPSS 10.1? And if it is, is it possible without
creating a specific script for each conversion? (Otherwise I really don't
see the point.) At the moment I'm stuck with writing much to long syntax
files, so some help would be appreciated ;-)

BTW: The biggest problem is that I can't change 'Type', 'Width' or
'Decimals' from a syntax file. Can this be true? When you're dealing with
data that's changing daily, doing things manually, really gets tedious (and
prone to error). I'll salute anyone who can tell me how to change 'string'
to 'numeric' in a variable.

Yours Sincerely
Jacob Loesch
Roskilde Universitetscenter, Denmark

2. NOP's cause a crash in windows w/ BC 4.02?

3. can't get 'syntax on' to stick in NT VIM

4. MUI 2.0 Class Writing HELP !!!

5. 'Who Does What When' / Report question

6. Can XSLT be used to parse non-XML data streams??

8. updating attributes?

9. Precedence Question ('and' vs '&&')

10. Questions re 'char' and 'string'

11. No 'syntax' menu for vim5.8 on unix????

12. vim syntax highlighting 'breaking'

13. No color with 'syntax on'