spss 11.x installation problem?

Post by Me » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:07:25

Hi,

We have installed SPSS 11.x with administrative rights on windows XP.
De software works well if a user belongs to the group of administators
or power users. Is it a normal behaviour of spss that ordinary (restricted)
users cannot use spss. They get the error-message: 'The current license
does not permit this job to continue' and the spss processor is unavailable
than.
Can someone give a clue what can be wrong?
Thanks.

nb

spss 11.x installation problem?

Post by User » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 11:42:15

Look in the output. You should see an error number. Probably 7002. The
specific symptom is what's important here. Once you find it, go to
http://www.spss.com/tech/answer and look it up.

Quote:> Hi,

> We have installed SPSS 11.x with administrative rights on windows XP.
> De software works well if a user belongs to the group of administators
> or power users. Is it a normal behaviour of spss that ordinary
(restricted)
> users cannot use spss. They get the error-message: 'The current license
> does not permit this job to continue' and the spss processor is
unavailable
> than.
> Can someone give a clue what can be wrong?
> Thanks.

> nb

spss 11.x installation problem?

Post by Sebastian Scho » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:02:59

hello,

we have solved this problem.
You have to give full rights only for the folder,
where spss is installed. (c:\programms\spss)

In the explorer rightclick the mouse on the the folder
spss and change the rights for the special user.

So it works.

Have further questions, please ask !!!

1. SPSS 11.0.1 installation problems

Hello
We have a problem with SPSS version 11.0.1 on a Windows 2000 machine sp3.
When installation is almost complete I get the following error messages:

Warning- Problem registering objects (c:\program files\SPSS\SPSSGCTL.ocx)

Warning- Problem creating folder in start menu (SPSS for Windows)

Warning- creating icons in start menu (SPSS for windows)

I am logged in as an administrator and can find no help on the SPSS site. I
have tried replacing the SPSSGCTL.ocx file with another from a working 2k
machine and replacing the whole folder.

Thanks for any help.

Rachel Henderson

2. Help ? ? sendmail 8.11.11 on sun os 5.5.1

3. SPSS 10 -> 11 + script problem

4. JVC Digital Camera

5. SPSS 11 chart printing problem

6. Limit # of open documents in Reader 4.05

7. SPSS 11 keying in data

8. Oops!

9. SPSS 11 much slower than 10 (Mac)?

10. req:.spss 11 demo

11. SPSS 11.5.2 Patch

12. Spss 11 also:Req.

13. SPSS 11 Windows XP Defining Variables