CATMOD equivalent in SPSS

Post by Bob Wal » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:22:48

I am not a statistician, which will become immediately obvious.  I have just
loaded SPSS 11 and can see that it is much more user-friendly than SAS which
I have use, fitfully, for many years.  One of the procedures I have relied
on in SAS is CATMOD.  It let me do a GLM like analysis (two-way ANOVA stuff
such as compare main effects and test for interactions) on percentage data.
I don't see an equivalent in SPSS.  Is there one?  If so what is it called?
If not what is the recommended way in SPSS to analyze percentage data that
is grouped by multiple categories, each with multiple levels?

Thanks,  Bob.

CATMOD equivalent in SPSS

Post by Stephen Tag » Mon, 06 May 2002 05:43:02

On a historic point, SCSS (SPSS's 1970s conversational system) used to have
a CATMOD facility!

Quote:> I am not a statistician, which will become immediately obvious.  I have