SPSS Windows 11.0 from command prompt.

Post by Joe Meye » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:01:39

Does anyone know a way to run an SPSS Windows 11.0 program from a command
prompt?

Joe

SPSS Windows 11.0 from command prompt.

Post by Hayo Baa » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:33:15

There are several:

There is something called: SPSSB a SPSS version without a GUI for
interactive data analysis. And for generating syntax files you can use for;

But from the prompt you can also run a syntax file with runsyntx.exe
or you can use the production facillty to define jobs (can be multiple
syntax files) and use the spssprod.exe from the prompt.

HTH

Quote:> Does anyone know a way to run an SPSS Windows 11.0 program from a command
> prompt?

> Joe

1. SPSS version 11.0.1 - assumed bug using INCLUDE FILE command

I have also in earlier versions of SPSS experienced a assumed bug using the
INCLUDE FILE command in the syntax file (NT 4 platform).

The commands executed with the INCLUDE FILE command run quite normal if all
commands are executed from the main syntax file.

However, I wish to build a more modular syntax structure. So I remove some
logical connected commands, put them in a sub-syntax file and try to run
them using the INCLUDE FILE command from the main syntax file.

Then, the command execution of the sub-syntax illegally terminates as soon
as a SELECT command returns an empty filter and a TABLES command follows
reporting "No cases were input to this procedure. Either there are none in
the working file or all of them were filtered out."

Then I receive the following error message:
"Note # 213
Due to an error, INCLUDE file processing has been terminated.  All
transformations since the last procedure command have been discarded.
Note # 236
All outstanding macros have been terminated, all include processing
has been terminated, and all outstanding PRESERVE commands have been
undone."

This is not a random error situation. To my knowledge there is not mentioned
any limitations or preconditions in the syntax reference guide that can
explain this error situation. In complex syntax structures, the ability to
write syntax files in a modular way should be quite obvious.

Is is possible to avoid this problem but still be able to use modular syntax
structure (using the
INCLUDE FILE command)?

2. una web cam sin hacer nada

3. SPSS 11.0 Mac crashes when asked to drawgraphs

4. cannot EXPLAIN query...

5. Strange error when starting SPSS 11.0

6. Unknown Script Error - Please help!

7. Could multiresponse crosstabulation tables look like pivot tables in spss 11.0?

8. Fs Palm III w/ 8 megs and more $230

9. Could crosstabulation tables look like pivot tables in spss 11.0?

10. Why doesn't work the scroll mouse in SPSS 11.0 ?

11. SPSS 11.0 and Windows2000

12. What is the best self-study book/program for learning SPSS 11.0?

13. SPSS 11.0 program bug