spss data entry help

Post by Vincent Malle » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
Second day on spss... I can't enter my raw data and perform a cross
table; The computer keeps on counting the variables and won't diplay the
expected values and the sums. (is this clear?). I can't find the
solution  in the tutorial.
Thanks for your help.
Vincent

spss data entry help

Post by Vincent Malle » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi everybody, I am a new spss user and I have a problem. Do you mind
taking  a look at this
basic example? Thanks a lot.

I can't figure the way to get spss to calculate a chisquare test and
to output the contengency table.

The purpose is to find out if two samples of colored balls come from the
same
box.

On the data editor, the  raw data figure as below :

Color          Draw1       Draw2

Bleu           10,00        75,00
Blanc          40,00        105,00
Rouge          50,00        220,00

Below are the results of the chisquare test using minitab for windows

C1          C2   C3
___________________

Bleu       10    75
Blanc      40    105
Rouge      50    220

Chi-Square Test

Expected counts are printed below observed counts

            C2       C3    Total
    1       10       75       85
         17.00    68.00

    2       40      105      145