Save as ascii

Post by Claudia Richt » Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:17:45

Dear all,
I need helb in defining an ascii file.
I have a lot of data in spss and I now have to create an ascii file.
This is not the problem, but it is wanted that one row of the file is
always maximum 80 columns wide.
This is my problem.
How can I tell SPSS that my rows include only 80 columns?
Can I do this in saying sort of:
save data as ascii
with
/var1 var 2 var3 var4 var5 var6
/var7....
is that possible.

Thanks for your help

Claudia Richter

Save as ascii

Post by Fre » Fri, 25 Jul 2003 01:02:35

Yes, If you use the Write outfile command, and specify the number of
rows that the data will be written to, and specify which variables
will be on which rows, with the id variable always appearing on each
row.

eg

write outfile=Filename records=3
  /id var1 var2 var 3
  /id var4 var5 var6
  /id var7 var8 var9.

> Dear all,
> I need helb in defining an ascii file.
> I have a lot of data in spss and I now have to create an ascii file.
> This is not the problem, but it is wanted that one row of the file is
> always maximum 80 columns wide.
> This is my problem.
> How can I tell SPSS that my rows include only 80 columns?
> Can I do this in saying sort of:
> save data as ascii
> with
> /var1 var 2 var3 var4 var5 var6
> /var7....
> is that possible.

> Thanks for your help

> Claudia Richter

1. Any freeware/shareware spreadsheets that can save tables as flat ascii files?

        Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any spreadsheet programs other than
Excel, particularly free or very cheap ones, that allow for saving
data tables as flat ascii(not tab or comma delimited) files.  I have
Star Office and Quattro, but neither of them seems up to the task.
All the freeware I can find dosen't seem to have the capability.

Many thanks,

KG

2. AUTOCAD 2002 menu

3. How to I save DW as an ascii file?

4. PacBell ISDN Rate Hike Protest Web Site

5. ascii-ascii compression

6. Imaging installation

7. ascii-2-ascii filter for VI?

8. reply problem

9. test : BITNET: ASCII - EBCDIC - ASCII

10. CP/M ASCII to PC ASCII

11. help me to replace ascii charecter with some other ascii charector or text

12. HELP: How to translate ASCII-CODE to ASCII-Charakters

13. How to translate ASCII-CODE to ASCII-Charakters