SPSS printing conflict with Uniprint?

Post by James Cassel » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I've run into an odd problem using SPSS in networked labs here at the
UofL. I'm hoping that someone out there may have run into this problem
before.

The computer labs here at the UofL use a print spooling system called
UniPrint. Whenever one tried to print from the SPSS output window (in
ver 9 or 10), it causes a general protection fault. Oddly enough, one
*can* print from the data window (or whatever it's called - I'm new to
SPSS, having just moved here from SAS-land at UNC-CH). The Printers and
drivers are Xerox Docutech n24 with ps3 drivers (postscript).  The
printer is using 600 dpi resolution.

Our tech folk have a service request in to SPSS Inc., but I thought I'd
see if anyone out there had already skinned this cat.

Thanks,
James

Department of Sociology
University of Louisville
http://www.louisville.edu/~jwcass01/

1. SPSS 10 for Mac printing conflict

My bride started running SPSS 10 student version on an iMac. Printing
appears an impossibility from the viewer, at least with our set-up, which
features an Epson laser printer. SPSS and Epson Print Monitor 4 appear to
conflict, sending the system into a thorough freeze-up.

Question to the group -- any other SPSS 10 Mac users come across this, &, if
so, any fixes? Second question, does anyone from SPSS lurk on this group?

Many thanks for any responses

--
Richard Wagner  editor/writer

2. Help I have e-mail and can't access it

3. Possible SPSS / HP Scanjet Conflict

4. *** WANTED **ISI graphics manual(s) for X11 server port

5. SPSS 10.1 and PC Anywhere Conflict

6. Frames difficulties in FP2K?

7. Reduce/reduce conflicts to shift reduce conflict

8. Minimal distribution of BIND binaries

9. How to print/view variable lists with their values in SPSS?

10. SPSS table--printing upside down, backwards

11. printing an spss output from a word macro

12. SPSS 11 chart printing problem

13. Problem printing SPSS output file