Kruskal-Wallis Test

Post by amgo.. » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:31:07

I am told that I need to use the Kruskal-Wallis
Test to find the mean. However, I have no idea of
how to interpret the results. What exactly is the
mean rank, for example of income, telling me?
Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Kruskal-Wallis Test

Post by Bradley J. Anderso » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 08:59:31

> I am told that I need to use the Kruskal-Wallis
> Test to find the mean. However, I have no idea of
> how to interpret the results. What exactly is the
> mean rank, for example of income, telling me?
> Thanks!

Basically a non-parametric alternative to one-way ANOVA--it's a
generalization of the Mann-Whitney U test (AKA Wilcoxon rank sum)  for
comparing two distributions.  It assumes the criterion is measured on an
ordinal scale of measurement and tests the hypothesis that J population
distributions are equal.  Basically all observations for the J groups are
pooled and rank ordered from low to high, the test is based on a comparison
of the sum of ranks within each of the J groups.  A mean rank is simply the
mean of the rank transformed distribution.

1. How to preform Cuzick's test after a Kruskal-Wallis test?

,Dear Sirs

I use Spss version 7.00 for Windows in order to test whether there is a
linear trend between 3 different groups.
I use the Noneparametric test command with the K independent tests
subcommand.
As a result i receive the Kruskal-Wallis value but not the Cuzick's value
for linear trend.
Does anybody know how to obtain the Cuzick's test value?
Thank you
Israel Schorr

2. IRC feature for Compaq Proliant server

3. Can the Mann-Whitney U be used following a Kruskal-Wallis test?

4. slow reading of media

5. post hoc analysis following Kruskal-Wallis Test

6. RhinoSkin's Ti Hardcase and P3 Upgrade

7. Macro Required > Nonparametric Tests > Post hoc comparisons for Kruskal Wallis test

8. Lost SPX connections

9. SAS code for multiple comparison for KRUSKAL-WALLIS

10. Kruskal-Wallis H adjusted for ties in SPSS?

11. ANOVA and Kruskal-Wallis

12. Kruskal-Wallis One-Way ANOVA

13. anova without normal curve? posttests for Kruskal Wallis tests?