Quantiles of the Studentized Range distribution

Quantiles of the Studentized Range distribution

Post by Wolfgang Hitz » Wed, 16 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi overthere,

I am looking for a formula to compute the quantiles of the Studendized
Range distribution with parameter r and v.

If the original function is not available, I would also appreciate an
approximation.
If the quantiles are not available, but the probability density or/and
the cumulative density,
this would also help.

I would like to compute the quantiles with Mathematica 3.0.1.

Any help is strongly appreciated,

best wishes to you

Dr. Wolfgang Hitzl

Quantiles of the Studentized Range distribution

Post by Yves Lijou » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi Wolfgang,

I have a Mathcad worksheet which calculates the probability density and uses
the solver to get the quantiles.
Let me know if you want it. A free Mathcad browser is available at the
Mathsoft web site.

Yves Lijour
Department of Chemistry
UBO - Brest
France

1. Quantiles for Noncentral Distributions?

Hello everyone,

I have been becoming interested in noncentral distributions, namely
those of the t, F, and chi sq distributions.  I would guess that there
is a way in SAS to derive the quantiles of these distributions if one
knows the degrees of freedom and noncentrality parameter value.
However, I have been unable to locate information on how one would go
about finding these quantiles.  Is there even a way to do this in SAS?
If not does anyone know other options for obtaining these values?

I'm using SAS V8 on Windows 98SE.

Thanks for any help and have a nice day,
Ken

2. 112.5k baud on A4000/040 Serial?

3. Can range be controlled in a N(0,1) distribution?

4. HELP REQUEST: WARP does NOT Install in a CYRIX & AMI BIOS Platform

5. information content

6. studentized residuals from proc mixed

7. check out this Y2K disclosure

8. studentized bootstrap with jackknife

9. Distribution of residuals from generalized LM with response from gamma distribution

10. distribution function of standard normal distribution...

11. Differentiating cumulative distribution function of a normal distribution

12. quantile regression with huber\white correction