Change standard directory

Post by Matthias Trede » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 04:28:53

When using File->Open->Data, SPSS 11.5 always shows me the directory it was
installed to. However, I have all my data files elsewhere and thus would
like to set a different (standard) directory. (Curiously, SPSS "remembers"
where I stored my last syntax files)

Cheers,
Matthias

Change standard directory

Post by Bruce Weave » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 05:16:23

> When using File->Open->Data, SPSS 11.5 always shows me the directory it was
> installed to. However, I have all my data files elsewhere and thus would
> like to set a different (standard) directory. (Curiously, SPSS "remembers"
> where I stored my last syntax files)

> Cheers,
> Matthias

Hi Matthias.  Assuming you are using Windoze, I think you
can fix this by right-clicking on the shortcut you use to
launch SPSS, selecting Properties, then typing in the
appropriate path in the "Start in" box.

Cheers,
Bruce
--
Bruce Weaver

www.angelfire.com/wv/bwhomedir/

Change standard directory

Post by Matthias Trede » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:40:36

Quote:> Hi Matthias.  Assuming you are using Windoze, I think you
> can fix this by right-clicking on the shortcut you use to
> launch SPSS, selecting Properties, then typing in the
> appropriate path in the "Start in" box.

D'oh ! Sometimes things are so obvious, but you don't see them ...

Cheers mate !

1. Changing the default PDF Output directory for Distiller printer driver

Hi.

Is it possible to change the default directory for output the PDF files,
which have been converted with Adobe Distiller 4 printer driver?

I tried to change the value of the key Port in registry, which has the
path of current output path for PDFs. If I change it to something else,
after restarting  windows this value is changed back to original.

Is there a way to change it?

Thank you for your help,
        Borut Zagar

2. forgot PDF password

3. Changing default plug-ins directory

4. UNIX/gcc and Intel i960 processor

5. Changing Default Distiller Output Directory?

6. Rockwell HCF 56K does not connect well

7. Changing default work directory

8. Ethernet Throughput

9. VIM: mapping change directory

10. Changing current directory automatically

11. How to change the directory where .viminfo* files reside?

12. How to change emacs current directory?

13. gvim and directory changes