SPSS-How can I do in SPSS to display labels in a table with frecuency = 0

SPSS-How can I do in SPSS to display labels in a table with frecuency = 0

Post by M » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:55:45

I would like to know what I have to do to make that SPSS display in a
frecuency table those labels which frecuency are zero ("0"). I mean, I
need that the table shows all the labels, including those that doesnt
have any frecuency.

Thanks in advance.

SPSS-How can I do in SPSS to display labels in a table with frecuency = 0

Post by Raynald Levesqu » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:20:44

Quote:>I would like to know what I have to do to make that SPSS display in a
>frecuency table those labels which frecuency are zero ("0"). I mean, I
>need that the table shows all the labels, including those that doesnt
>have any frecuency.

>Thanks in advance.

This is a FAQ.

See "Show empty categories in tables (second method).SPS"
in http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/SampleSyntax.htm#ChartsAndTables

HTH

Visit My SPSS Pages: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/index.htm

1. SAS to SPSS; variable labels (SAS V8.2, SPSS V10.1, WIN98)

Hi all,

you all know: treading  SAS-datasets into SPSS cuts long variable names
to 8 characters and translates these - if they are not unique - into
shortenings like V24. To see, which original variable was behind this
shortening, I label the SAS-variables in SAS with their original variable
name.

As long as I do the labelling with a datastep and the statement

label <variable>='label';

this works fine and SPSS takes over the labels. When I do it with proc
datasets (which would shorten the
process with large datasets) SPSS will not recognize the labels and sometime
even run into ERROR.

proc datasets;
modify dataset;
label <variable>='label';
run;
quit;

Does anybody know, why this happens and how I can use proc datasets in a way
that SPSS recognizes the labels?

TIA   Albrecht

2. Problem with Form Authentication

3. Microsoft Earnings Conference Call [Live]

4. Time-use Research with SPSS / Sequence-analysis with SPSS

5. Urgent! How to remove the Active Directory Servicce

6. Could multiresponse crosstabulation tables look like pivot tables in spss 11.0?

7. Windows 2000 Service Kit

8. Could crosstabulation tables look like pivot tables in spss 11.0?

9. SPSS Client cannot connect to SPSS Server

10. export output file (.spo) from Spss ver. 10.0 to Spss ver 8.0

11. SPSS 10.0.5 (latest release) versus SPSS 9.0.1

12. SPSS v 6.1 and SPSS v 8.0