How to set the decomal separator for pivot tables

How to set the decomal separator for pivot tables

Post by Andreas V?l » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:01:38

How can I set the decimal separator (i. e., either period or comma) that
SPSS 11 uses in povot tables?

I remember that there used to be a command named "set decimal={decimal
separator}". This is no longer listed in SPSS 11's syntax reference (and the
program apparently ignores the command when it is issued). What has become
of it? Does SPSS now always use the Windows default for the decimal
separator, and is there no option for overriding this default?

--
Liebe Gr?e / Best regards,

Andreas V?lp

psy consult scientific services
Frankfurt am Main - Germany

How to set the decomal separator for pivot tables

Post by Matthias Nüblin » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:47:46

Dear Andreas

I had the same problem some time ago.

SPSS-Guru Raynald gave me a script, where you can fix the number of decimals in
your output (after the work is done, applying the script on the output window).
It worked fine for me: Here it is.

http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Scripts/PivotTables/SetNumberOfDeci...

Maybe you have to include it into the script "Applying any script to all pivot
tables" (from Raynald).
If there are questions - contact me.

Matthias

"Andreas V?lp" schrieb:

Quote:> How can I set the decimal separator (i. e., either period or comma) that
> SPSS 11 uses in povot tables?

> I remember that there used to be a command named "set decimal={decimal
> separator}". This is no longer listed in SPSS 11's syntax reference (and the
> program apparently ignores the command when it is issued). What has become
> of it? Does SPSS now always use the Windows default for the decimal
> separator, and is there no option for overriding this default?

> --
> Liebe Gr?e / Best regards,

> Andreas V?lp

> psy consult scientific services
> Frankfurt am Main - Germany

How to set the decomal separator for pivot tables

Post by Andreas V?l » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:28:19

Matthias:

I'm not concerned with setting the number of decimal *places* (which I can
easily set according to my preferences through SPSS syntax), but with the
decimal *separator* - e. g., how do I set the decimal separator to a period
when my Windows system default is a comma, or vice versa. In previous
versions of SPSS this could be achieved by using the "set decimal={decimal
separator}" syntax, but it appears that this does not work in SPSS 11.5 any
more.

--
Liebe Gr?e / Best regards,

Andreas V?lp

psy consult scientific services
Frankfurt am Main - Germany

Quote:> Dear Andreas

> I had the same problem some time ago.

> SPSS-Guru Raynald gave me a script, where you can fix the number of
decimals in
> your output (after the work is done, applying the script on the output
window).
> It worked fine for me: Here it is.

http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Scripts/PivotTables/SetNumberOfDeci...
Quote:

> Maybe you have to include it into the script "Applying any script to all
pivot
> tables" (from Raynald).
> If there are questions - contact me.

> Matthias

> "Andreas V?lp" schrieb:

> > How can I set the decimal separator (i. e., either period or comma) that
> > SPSS 11 uses in povot tables?

> > I remember that there used to be a command named "set decimal={decimal
> > separator}". This is no longer listed in SPSS 11's syntax reference (and
the
> > program apparently ignores the command when it is issued). What has
become
> > of it? Does SPSS now always use the Windows default for the decimal
> > separator, and is there no option for overriding this default?

> > --
> > Liebe Gr?e / Best regards,

> > Andreas V?lp

> > psy consult scientific services
> > Frankfurt am Main - Germany

How to set the decomal separator for pivot tables

Post by I.O. » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:24:04

SPSS Script eXchange offers a script by F.Arosio to replace strings in pivot
tables:
http://www.spss.com/tech/scptxchg/scripts/ChangePivotTableText.sbs
(Still a rather crude workaround for your problem.)

You might also have a look at the various batch-files in your SPSS
directory, there might be one to set the default decimal separator (though I
doubt so).

HTH,
I.O.

Quote:> Matthias:

> I'm not concerned with setting the number of decimal *places* (which I can
> easily set according to my preferences through SPSS syntax), but with the
> decimal *separator* - e. g., how do I set the decimal separator to a
period
> when my Windows system default is a comma, or vice versa. In previous
> versions of SPSS this could be achieved by using the "set decimal={decimal
> separator}" syntax, but it appears that this does not work in SPSS 11.5
any
> more.

1. pivot table to sas data set

Hi all,
        I have got a table with respondents in rows and treatments and some
categorical variables of the respondents (e.g., age group of the
respondent)  as columns and the cells are scores in  a SAS data set. I
want to convert it to a data set with treatment and replication as two
class variables and scores as a dependent continuos variable. So that I
can run a proc GLM with model score=treatment replication. There are so
many other class variables corresponding to each respondents which I would
use in a by statement to get separate analysis for these groups of
respondents. So while converting the table these variables should repeat
for aparticular respondent.
For example
data a
resp $ age$ .trt1 trt2 .......trt20;
1       a      2        3  .........5
2       b      4   5......
3       a
4       a
5       b
.
.
.
.
.
100...

I want to convert to a data with the variables
resp age trt score

where trt is a categorical variable with 20 levels.

Can you please help me in the code
Thank you in advance.
Prasanta sahu

2. SVGA and mouse . HELP mouse pointer is not visible

3. Hand coding of Pivot Tables - Problem with Pivot data field

4. Aussie Dollar Crash Means CHEAP Psion down under!!

5. XL2000: Pivot Table persists after table refresh

6. Creating a Table of Values (Pivot Table??)

7. Could multiresponse crosstabulation tables look like pivot tables in spss 11.0?

8. Could crosstabulation tables look like pivot tables in spss 11.0?

9. How do I rename "Tables" label in pivot tables?

10. Compare multiple tables - hopefully through a pivot table?

11. Pivot table to remain intact - even if data table is removed