Database Capture

Post by Joann » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

After receiving numerous solutions to my last question, I was hoping you could help me with this one. I am having trouble using the database capture wizard to import Access databases into SPSS v8. I have spoken to technical support in Australia, but so far we have not come up with a solution. I am able to use the database capture for Excel files with no problem, but when requesting Access files, the wizard brings them up onto the screen in step 2 of the wizard but as soon as I try to move any of the available tables to retrieve fields box, I get an error message saying: Table XXX has no columns and will not be shown. I click on OK and the table disappears.

This happens every time for access tables. I can work around it by exporting them to excel then importing them from their, but it is a pain to say the least. Any ideas?

Thanks

--
Joanna
~~**~~