Save as Excel file

Post by Hairong L » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have a file of more than 20,000 cases in SPSS. When I saved it as an excel
file, SPSS output only about 16,000 cases, instead of all cases in the file.
Is there any limitation in SPSS 7.5 as to the size/number of records that
can be output to other file formats?

Hairong Li

Save as Excel file

Post by Hector E. Malett » Sun, 13 Sep 1998 04:00:00

The limitation is in Excel, version 4.0, which is the version SPSS exports to.
There are practically no limits for SPSS itself as regards the number of cases.
You may try to export your SPSS data set in dBase format (dbf), and then read
the data in Excel, either all the cases or a selection that Excel could
accommodate.

Hector Maletta
Universidad del Salvador
Buenos Aires, Argentina

> I have a file of more than 20,000 cases in SPSS. When I saved it as an excel
> file, SPSS output only about 16,000 cases, instead of all cases in the file.
> Is there any limitation in SPSS 7.5 as to the size/number of records that
> can be output to other file formats?

> Hairong Li

1. Split Large Excel file to multiple excel files and possible save the files

Hello Frndz,

I have a killing task to create for all students specified xls for each
parent with grades etc..

The data is retrieved from a large database.

1. I want to create specific sheets for each student from the massive excel
file

I want to create the sheet name by the name in A5 and H5
The data i want to retrive is in A to U columns until a new name comes in
Column A
I have three headers that needs also to come along too
.

2. Then I want to save the new sheets with the students name and class in a
folder X:\students

Sorry in my office, I don't have permission to upload any file, so request
you to help by creating your own dummy data or provide me your mail id, so
that I can fwd from any other source.

Shekhar Sharma
9910010060
"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing
those  you hold well"
 "Before you judge another, think of your own last mistake."

2. Sampler stuff - Akai S2800

3. Excel: can add-ins be saved within an Excel file?

4. Apple IIgs software

5. Saving Excel 5 files to excel 4 worlbooks

6. login.krb5

7. Error when saving file as SDV-file in Excel 7.0

8. getting started.

9. link Excel files (Excel table) in MS-word with MS Excel files.

10. automatically saving an excel file

11. saving down excel file

12. Not only Microsoft Excel, but Microsoft Word alters files even when "not saving" them

13. Saving Excel 97 files with a macro