Data Entry via DOS (SPSS/PC+)...

Post by Eri » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 05:02:28

Hi all,

Two-folded question:

1- How come SSPS didn't keep the wonderful Data Entry procedure it
developed with SPSS/PC+ ??? When converted to Windows 3.1, we lost the
flexibility of that marvelous and powerful data entry tool. Sure, Data
Entry was adapted, but it's a pain in the *** to work with. We actualy
boycott it at work...

2- Where is it possible to download the Data Entry module from that
golden age.? Is there somewhere on the Web where one can download
it.?????? And, can it be used separatly for data entry use ?

A nostalgic data entry (PC+) user,

Eric (Quebec)

Data Entry via DOS (SPSS/PC+)...

Post by Michael Lac » Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:03:49

........lamenting the loss of the old SPSS PC Data Entry module.........

I suggest you take a look at http://www.epidata.dk/, which offers
the freeware data entry package called EpiData.  It is an excellent
package, and can deliver SPSS, SAS, etc. data files., including
variable labels and so forth.

--
Mike Lacy,  Ft Collins CO 80523