MAC 10 VS 11 Compatability

Post by Stephen Casmar, Ph » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:13:21

Does anyone know if SPSS 10.x will run under OS X and conversely if SPSS
11.x will run under OS 9.x?
Thanks.

MAC 10 VS 11 Compatability

Post by Hayo Baa » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 03:27:31

SPSS 10.x will NOT run under OS X.. and I thought that SPSS 11.x will not
run under OS 9.x

HTH

Hayo

Quote:> Does anyone know if SPSS 10.x will run under OS X and conversely if SPSS
> 11.x will run under OS 9.x?
> Thanks.

1. SPSS 11 much slower than 10 (Mac)?

I have been using SPSS v10 on a Mac with a data set with 500 cases and
3500 variables.  Most operations are virtually instantanoeus. I
recently got version 11 for OSX. SPSS runs MUCH slower than version
10.  For example, if I go to the Analyze menu, go down to Scale, and
select Reliability Analysis, in SPSS v10 I can select a variable from
the left pane and it immediately highlights it. When I click the arrow
to move it to the right pane, it goes there without delay.  In version
11, clicking the variable in the left pane results in a delay before
it highlights it, and clicking the arrow to move it results in another
delay.

These delays are just a few seconds, but it really is hard to work
with the program. It's like trying to type with the characters showing
up on your monitor a few seconds later. If you click the arrow to move
an item from the right pane back to the left, again it is instaneous
in version 10, but REALLY slow in 11. It takes a full 10 seconds in
version 11, long enough to get the spinning beachball.

I can't find any settings in the preferences that could account for
this, and all my other software seems to work fine. The Mac is an 867
single processor (this model has the L3 cache), 512 mb of RAM, and no
other programs running.  Anyone have any suggestions on why this is
happening?  I keep thinking that surely software this expensive could
not have been released with performance this poor, and there must be
something that I just don't know about that would bring version 11's
speed up to that of version 10.

Thanks,

David

2. performance benchmarks

3. Lynx-10 vs CM-11 ?

4. Crashing problem with IIGS lab

5. ST 1.5.10: Part 11 of 10: some missing or wrong files

6. Cant see methods on objects

7. Presswise vs.APX vs.laserwriter7.11

8. Wanted to trade: MacPB520 for IPX or Classic

9. DECsystem-10 vs. My pc vs. Atari 800 vs....

10. C++ FAQ (part 10 of 11)

11. PostScript monthly FAQ v2.3 07-07-94 [07-10 of 11]