Exporting SPSS weighted data and keep the weighted data...

Exporting SPSS weighted data and keep the weighted data...

Post by Dr. Diego Kuone » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 02:28:21

Dear SPSS gurus,

Using SPSS 11.0.1 and having a 62000 x 250 data set including a
variable containing the weights of the different examples (cases),
I would like to weight the cases (using "Data->Weight cases") and
then export the weighted data into a file (not necessarily a SPSS
file) containing the weighted data, and then finally to remove
the variable used for weighting.

Unfortunately all attempts failed as the exported file contained
each time only the unweighted data.

Is there a way to export a SPSS data file by prior applying the
"weights cases" and then keeping the weighted data in the external
file, which has not necessarily to be a SPSS file?

Thanks in advance for your precious help.

Sincerely,

  Diego Kuonen

--
Dr. Diego Kuonen        Applied Statistician & Data Miner
Statoo Consulting, PO Box 107, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland

Exporting SPSS weighted data and keep the weighted data...

Post by Raynald Levesqu » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 07:25:49

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:28:21 +0200, "Dr. Diego Kuonen"

>Dear SPSS gurus,

>Using SPSS 11.0.1 and having a 62000 x 250 data set including a
>variable containing the weights of the different examples (cases),
>I would like to weight the cases (using "Data->Weight cases") and
>then export the weighted data into a file (not necessarily a SPSS
>file) containing the weighted data, and then finally to remove
>the variable used for weighting.

>Unfortunately all attempts failed as the exported file contained
>each time only the unweighted data.

>Is there a way to export a SPSS data file by prior applying the
>"weights cases" and then keeping the weighted data in the external
>file, which has not necessarily to be a SPSS file?

>Thanks in advance for your precious help.

>Sincerely,

>  Diego Kuonen

For examples, see files #1, 7,8 and, 9 in
http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/SampleSyntax.htm#ReadWriteOrCreateData

Regards

Visit My SPSS Pages: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/index.htm

1. Does SPSS have problems in the analysis of weighted data?

Hi all,
I have heard criticism of SPSS for not handling weighted data right, and
producing funny results as a consequence. If I recall correctly, this
problem has been worked out in recent versions. I am currently using version
10.1.
Dows anybody know if this problem is still true, or if there was a patch to
fix that when it was introduced?
Any other comments will also be helpful.
Thanks,
Hagai Katz,
UCLA.

2. exception error

3. converting weighted data to raw data

4. ATI All In Wonder 16 - Out of Scan Range

5. Help with weighted test data

6. A macro the gives an error before quiting.

7. Effect Size/Weighted Data questions

8. Help Damped Oscillator in Matlab

9. Proc Weighting Data

10. weighted data and SAS (long)

11. weighted data and SAS

12. How well does SAS handle weighted longitudinal data (SUDAAN or not SUDAAN)?

13. Weighting Data