AOL Cable modem & Cisco VPN software

Post by Blasting Ca » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:39:40

I had an interesting experience with a user who got an AOL Cable modem and
wanted to install the Cisco 3.5.1 VPN software.

When the software is installed, his AOL cable access will not work at all,
period.  Cannot connect cannot browse web pages, nothing.  All that has been
done is to install the Cisco VPN software, and configure it.  When he
attempts to connect to his AOL, he gets an "Unknown Cable Error Occurred"
when trying to connect, and it appears to reject his password, which is
unchanged.

Once the software is uninstalled, his AOL cable modem connection works fine.

The user is using AOL version 7.0, Windows ME and we have a Cisco 3000 VPN
concentrator.

Has anyone else experienced problems with this software & AOL getting along
together?

Thanks,

Steve

AOL Cable modem & Cisco VPN software

Post by Reid Lauderma » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:12:06

I received a report from one of my co-workers that the Cisco 3.5.1 VPN
client will not work with AOL 7.0.  That may contribute to the problem.

Reid Lauderman

Quote:> I had an interesting experience with a user who got an AOL Cable modem and
> wanted to install the Cisco 3.5.1 VPN software.

> When the software is installed, his AOL cable access will not work at all,
> period.  Cannot connect cannot browse web pages, nothing.  All that has
been
> done is to install the Cisco VPN software, and configure it.  When he
> attempts to connect to his AOL, he gets an "Unknown Cable Error Occurred"
> when trying to connect, and it appears to reject his password, which is
> unchanged.

> Once the software is uninstalled, his AOL cable modem connection works
fine.

> The user is using AOL version 7.0, Windows ME and we have a Cisco 3000 VPN
> concentrator.

> Has anyone else experienced problems with this software & AOL getting
along
> together?

> Thanks,

> Steve

1. Cisco VPN client & AOL

Hi,

We are considering implementing a PIX VPN with Cisco Secure VPN client
(v1.1)
I have tested it with Win 9x/NT using a "simple" ISP and dial-up
networking.
All worked just fine.

However, I did not test AOL as an ISP.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this? Need to know
before
approval can proceed.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Cash Flow Problem M2002 Dlx

3. pptp & gre & cisco & 2600 & VPN & not working

4. /ON INITIALIZE/QUEUE qualifier interpretation

5. HELP!! - Cable Modem & AOL NOT WORKING!!

6. Passing PPTP/IPSEC Through 827

7. Cable Modem & AOL 5.0 NOT WORKING!!

8. *** FREE SAMPLES ***

9. Wingate/Cable Modem & AOL

10. Cisco VPN Client Software V3.0.1(Rel) and Cisco VPN 3000

11. Software VPN Client & Cisco 800 Series

12. && MODEMS, MODEMS, MODEMS HIGH SPEED LOW COST V.34 **&&&