VPN Connection Problem

Post by Chris Neese » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 04:29:43

I am trying to set up a VPN connection to my corporate office.  I have a PIX
506 set up to accept PPTP connections.  I am using win2K to connect to the
VPN server on the PIX.  I am able to connect to the VPN just fine but when I
try to ping addresses on the remote LAN all of them go into timeout state.
The network the PIX is on has a ip address scheme of 192.168.0.x and the
other location has a scheme of 192.168.1.x.  The network with the
192.168.1.x scheme is using a cable connection with a linksys router.  If
anyone can shead some light on why this is behaving this way it would be
much appreciated.

                        Thanks,
                        Chris.

P.S. I have been able to connect to the corporate network from other cable
modem networks, could this be a routing issue?

VPN Connection Problem

Post by T.J. Gibso » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 07:09:22

Check to make sure that there is no NATing going on over the VPN by using
"nat 0".  Also make sure that the Pix is allowing the packets you are
interested in to flow both ways through the pix, either with access-lists or
static/conduit commands

T.J.

Quote:> I am trying to set up a VPN connection to my corporate office.  I have a
PIX
> 506 set up to accept PPTP connections.  I am using win2K to connect to the
> VPN server on the PIX.  I am able to connect to the VPN just fine but when
> try to ping addresses on the remote LAN all of them go into timeout state.
> The network the PIX is on has a ip address scheme of 192.168.0.x and the
> other location has a scheme of 192.168.1.x.  The network with the
> 192.168.1.x scheme is using a cable connection with a linksys router.  If
> anyone can shead some light on why this is behaving this way it would be
> much appreciated.

>                         Thanks,
>                         Chris.

> P.S. I have been able to connect to the corporate network from other cable
> modem networks, could this be a routing issue?

1. VPN connection problems using Wireless-G Router w/ SpeedBooster (WRT54GS)

Hi all,

I've recently switched over to a Linksys wireless router (WRT54GS) and I've
also updated the firmware to the latest revision from the Linksys website.
When I try to connect to my company's VPN using the Cisco client, I am
able to successfully get a connection, but then I can't bring up any
network resources.  I can't terminal in to a remote machine or run any
applications that use network data.  When I connect my cable modem directly
to the internet without the router, the VPN works fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. faster shutdown ?

3. VPN Connexion problem with PIX 501

4. HP 5 does not print on 11x17?

5. PIX site-to-site VPN Connection Problem

6. scandisk error

7. VPN connection problems

8. VPN Connection Problem

9. Symantec 200R VPN Connection Problems.

10. VPN connection problem

11. VPN connection Problems

12. VPN Connection Problem